Two weeks to go..

Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:48 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Two weeks to go..

...all possess

Last edited by manamama; Aug 31st 2010 at 3:25 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 2:57 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Two weeks to go..

Ooopppss !!!!

Lost my post...anyway just to recap.

All our possessions have gone back to the UK and are waiting for us to join them. We originally planned to return mid September....well that´s all changed.

Right on the 11th hour...I got severe wobblies. My husband has handed his notice at work and the plan was that we would all go back and find work.

I have two major problems..well three really.

1) We would have had to stay at my husband´s mom´s house who is away for a month but when she returns in October and IF we haven´t found a job or a rental then we will all be stuck together..3 adults and 4 children in a 3 bed house...plus me and the MIL do not get on well. Recipe for disaster and serious stress.

2) My friend here in Spain who is my only friend and I hers..had a serious health problem at the beginning of August and I have been helping her out. I just don´t have the heart to leave her at the moment until she is much stronger.

3) Schooling...not got a clue when or where they will start, because we are uncertain about jobs and where to live..(MILs is just a stopgap although it could be more permenant because she is retiring abroad November time) I don´t want them to start a school only for us to move to a new place and start somewhere else.

So the end result is that husband is going back on his own now (he can stay with his mom) and finds work..then we will follow. Once he has a job, finding a place to stay will be easier.

That´s the plan anyway..alot of changing minds but I think we are OK with doing this. Although I do not like the idea of being on my own with all the children (plus I am not brillant speaking spanish), but this way the children can stay in the schools here in Spain. Less disruption for them this way.

Not complaining...I know many are in worst situations.

Last edited by manamama; Sep 2nd 2010 at 3:02 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:08 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Could you bite your tongue through Oct and into November then rent form your MIL? seeing she's moving abroad anyway it seems like an ideal plan. Plan lots of time out with the kids and soil her with your cooking and washing up I bet you'd make it
As for you friend, that is sad, but your whole family can't really live on nothing while she recovers, you must have some less tight friendships I'm sure you could arraign a bunch on people rotating to help if she's really bad, but by the time you go she may already be feeling stronger anyway.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Could you bite your tongue through Oct and into November then rent form your MIL? seeing she's moving abroad anyway it seems like an ideal plan. Plan lots of time out with the kids and soil her with your cooking and washing up I bet you'd make it
As for you friend, that is sad, but your whole family can't really live on nothing while she recovers, you must have some less tight friendships I'm sure you could arraign a bunch on people rotating to help if she's really bad, but by the time you go she may already be feeling stronger anyway.
Yes you are absolutely right !!

I have just talked it all out with my hubby and he has made me see sense too.

A few weeks with my MIL won´t be half as bad as I imagine it to be. Plus I´ll be happy to back in the UK....so it will be worth it.

Thanks...

Plans back on for us all go together in a couple of weeks...

Last edited by manamama; Sep 2nd 2010 at 10:06 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:17 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I meant to say Spoil her not soil her.