convenient, please e mail me privately.

Old Dec 22nd 2002, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

bobzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TSC TIMELINE.

Originally posted by Archie Wilson
Hi Bobzy. I have virtually the same TSC timeline you do. If
convenient, please e mail me privately.
Archie: Saw your post on another thread. Yes, I'm interested in comparing notes.

My fiance claimed this evening that she just talked with someone on the Chinese language 001 forum who just got a second NOA with a TSC first NOA of around 13 NOV. I suspect that somebody is mistaken, but her Internet connection died before I could get any more details.

I'm on this forum using the web -- I use too many different machines to want to do it any other way. I can't see your email address and won't post mine in public. If you register on the web-based board, send a private message.
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 1:46 pm
Archie Wilson

Bobzy,
Look above on first message of thread for aol e mail address.
Archie

bobzy wrote in message news:...
    > Originally posted by Archie Wilson
    > > Hi Bobzy. I have virtually the same TSC timeline you do. If
    > > convenient, please e mail me privately.
    >
    > Archie: Saw your post on another thread. Yes, I'm interested in
    > comparing notes.
    >
    > My fiance claimed this evening that she just talked with someone on the
    > Chinese language 001 forum who just got a second NOA with a TSC first
    > NOA of around 13 NOV. I suspect that somebody is mistaken, but her
    > Internet connection died before I could get any more details.
    >
    > I'm on this forum using the web -- I use too many different machines to
    > want to do it any other way. I can't see your email address and won't
    > post mine in public. If you register on the web-based board, send a
    > private message.

Old Dec 22nd 2002, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not be surprised since one of my colleagues received an approval for his petition receipt date 11/05/02. He of course called his congressman as soon as it hit the 6 week mark but that's a whole other thread. It got approved in two days.

The processing times posted on ALL the sites are BS. They get it fromthe same place and that's the AILA so we'll just have to wait, grin and bare it. Processing times serve basically to motivate people to not call day after day.

Bobzy I am curious to know why you will not post your email address in public? I mean.. we are all here to help each other. You'd think there is some nutcase creating files on us with our info! Loosen up!

Ange

Originally posted by bobzy
Archie: Saw your post on another thread. Yes, I'm interested in comparing notes.

My fiance claimed this evening that she just talked with someone on the Chinese language 001 forum who just got a second NOA with a TSC first NOA of around 13 NOV. I suspect that somebody is mistaken, but her Internet connection died before I could get any more details.

I'm on this forum using the web -- I use too many different machines to want to do it any other way. I can't see your email address and won't post mine in public. If you register on the web-based board, send a private message.
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 3:19 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by angeles73
Bobzy I am curious to know why you will not post your email address in public? I mean.. we are all here to help each other. You'd think there is some nutcase creating files on us with our info! Loosen up!
Just wanted to say that I agree with Bobzy re posting personal email addresses for all the world to see. You wouldn't publically post your phone number, would you? Posting your email addy is no different. Some people are comfortable with that, while others are not. Tomayto, tomahto...

This newsgroup is not limited to the people who use it for their immigration needs; anyone in the world can access it, even "nutcases." However, I would venture to say it has less to do with avoiding potential stalkers or identity thieves and more to do with avoiding unwanted spam. Whatever the reason, it's one's choice whether to provide it publically or not.

One of the benefits of using the BritishExpats forum is having the option to send messages privately, so people can help each other that way if they so choose. Bobzy's not saying he doesn't want to be contacted privately; there's a way to do so, through private messaging.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fortunately for some of us , its still a free country. You don't HAVE to list your email address. Others who really have no problems with anyone or anything to hide do, and that's about the end of that.

Private messaging is definitely something I encourage however, you have to be registered to PM. Many aren't...

And anyone who doesn't have a real immigration tie to the forum, I question their presence. Regarding spam and such, there are filters for that. The point is, if there is someone who wants to contact me regarding an issue, I list my email so if you don't feel like airing your dirty laundry and want to compare notes, I certainly provide the way to do so.

Ange

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
Just wanted to say that I agree with Bobzy re posting personal email addresses for all the world to see. You wouldn't publically post your phone number, would you? Posting your email addy is no different. Some people are comfortable with that, while others are not. Tomayto, tomahto...

This newsgroup is not limited to the people who use it for their immigration needs; anyone in the world can access it, even "nutcases." However, I would venture to say it has less to do with avoiding potential stalkers or identity thieves and more to do with avoiding unwanted spam. Whatever the reason, it's one's choice whether to provide it publically or not.

One of the benefits of using the BritishExpats forum is having the option to send messages privately, so people can help each other that way if they so choose. Bobzy's not saying he doesn't want to be contacted privately; there's a way to do so, through private messaging.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 6:32 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by angeles73
You don't HAVE to list your email address. Others who really have no problems with anyone or anything to hide do, and that's about the end of that.
I agree -- you have every right to choose whether to post your private email address publically or not, for whatever reason. But it's unfair to say that choosing to keep one's personal information (surname, email address, telephone number, mailing address, etc.) private implies that this person is doing something wrong, or is trying to hide something or from someone. I note that while you publically post your email address, you don't post your full name or where you live. You have reasons for not doing so, and those reasons should be respected.

I believe it is not too much to ask that one's privacy be respected, without questioning that person's motivation to protect that privacy.

Over and out...

~ Jenney
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 6:34 pm
I'm back!

BTW.... Happy Belated Birthday, Ange!!

:PARTY:

~ Jenney