TSC - New Pilot Program

Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

tutor4tavana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TSC - New Pilot Program

Hello All

I met with an immigration lawyer yesterday in Dallas to handle our AOS. She recommended that we pursue the new "pilot" route that is being used at the TSC.

Our wedding is on July 3rd and we will be getting our marriage certificate by July 9th. The attorney recommended that she put in a request for an interview on July 11th with TSC. I guess we will be taking all the documentation with us to the interview, submitting it, and actually going through the AOS interview the same day (July 11).

Theoretically if everything adds up we will get our AOS within 90 days. If for some reason, TSC cannot do my background check within 90 days (a big "if" since I am from Bangladesh, Male, and Muslim), TSC will notify us as the 70 day mark and give us the option to get the EAD and AP. This is all theory of course since no body has hit the 70 day mark yet.

My attorney did ask me to complete another medical which I think she is incorrect about - can anyone shed some light on that. My research on this board shows that my K1 medical is good for the entire AOS process.

I have not retained this particular attorney yet - have an interview with another one on Tuesday.

All this may be old news to a lot of the people on this board but I thought I'd go ahead and post.

Thanks.
Tavana
Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TSC - New Pilot Program

I believe it is Dallas, not the TSC, that is doing this pilot.

For the newer K-1ers, Dallas until 2001(?) were part of another pilot program very very similar to this one. The only difference from then and now is that the applicants were approved for AOS the same day they filed. They did not have to wait for the security clearance.

Congratulations on being able to be part of the program. Would love to see if Detroit is going to become a pilot participant as well. They were under the old one.

Rete

Originally posted by tutor4tavana
Hello All

I met with an immigration lawyer yesterday in Dallas to handle our AOS. She recommended that we pursue the new "pilot" route that is being used at the TSC.

Our wedding is on July 3rd and we will be getting our marriage certificate by July 9th. The attorney recommended that she put in a request for an interview on July 11th with TSC. I guess we will be taking all the documentation with us to the interview, submitting it, and actually going through the AOS interview the same day (July 11).

Theoretically if everything adds up we will get our AOS within 90 days. If for some reason, TSC cannot do my background check within 90 days (a big "if" since I am from Bangladesh, Male, and Muslim), TSC will notify us as the 70 day mark and give us the option to get the EAD and AP. This is all theory of course since no body has hit the 70 day mark yet.

My attorney did ask me to complete another medical which I think she is incorrect about - can anyone shed some light on that. My research on this board shows that my K1 medical is good for the entire AOS process.

I have not retained this particular attorney yet - have an interview with another one on Tuesday.

All this may be old news to a lot of the people on this board but I thought I'd go ahead and post.

Thanks.
Tavana
Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

tutor4tavana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
I believe it is Dallas, not the TSC, that is doing this pilot.

For the newer K-1ers, Dallas until 2001(?) were part of another pilot program very very similar to this one. The only difference from then and now is that the applicants were approved for AOS the same day they filed. They did not have to wait for the security clearance.

Congratulations on being able to be part of the program. Would love to see if Detroit is going to become a pilot participant as well. They were under the old one.

Rete
Sorry about that - yes it is Dallas with the pilot program. I was worried that my fiance and I won't have enough evidence built up for an early interview, but the different attorneys I met with pointed out that there is some leniency being showed as far as proof of living together.

Do you think I will need to redo my medical? Online I have not found anything on the new pilot program that mentions a new medical.

Thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If you came to the US as a K-1 beneficiary, I'm not sure you can do this. The pilot program, from my understanding, is for those who are petitioning for a family member based on an immigrant visa. The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa. From what I've read on the program, it is for those who are already married and are filing the I-130 for their spouse.

As always, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Ian

Hello All

Thanks.
Tavana
Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about that - yes it is Dallas with the pilot program. I was worried that my fiance and I won't have enough evidence built up for an early interview, but the different attorneys I met with pointed out that there is some leniency being showed as far as proof of living together.

Do you think I will need to redo my medical? Online I have not found anything on the new pilot program that mentions a new medical.

Thanks.

That is the beauty of the old pilot and new pilot program. You are not expected to have proof of your commingled social and financial lives because you are newlyweds. So that burden is lifted from your shoulders. Bring photos and cards from your wedding and whatever documentation you might have. DO NOT forget to bring the original I-797 Notice of Action from your I-129F stating your approval.

As for the need for a new medical, nope you don't need it or the vaccination supplement.

Rete
Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:45 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by ian-mstm
If you came to the US as a K-1 beneficiary, I'm not sure you can do this. The pilot program, from my understanding, is for those who are petitioning for a family member based on an immigrant visa. The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa. From what I've read on the program, it is for those who are already married and are filing the I-130 for their spouse.

As always, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Ian

I had thought that at first, as well. But an immigration attorney has suggested this to her so perhaps there is more to it than we know.

Rete
Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:51 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by Rete
I had thought that at first, as well. But an immigration attorney has suggested this to her so perhaps there is more to it than we know.

Rete

After reading the specs:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...ct04_21_04.PDF

There is nothing there that would exclude a K-1 beneficiary filing due to marriage to the USC that petitioned for them from using this pilot program. It does not say you have to have an I-130, you only to be adjusting status based on a family relationship with an immigration visa currently available.

Rete
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

chand311 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used DORA (Dallas Rapid Adjustment) . Submitted my forms and had interview the same day on may 6th 2004. Had NOA dated may 13th 2004. Had my FP on 21st may and FP results returned on June 1st. Its 73 days since i had my interview. Another 17days to go before teh 90 days is over. I am really glad with USCIS trying to improve the speed of processing.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Rete
After reading the specs:

There is nothing there that would exclude a K-1 beneficiary filing due to marriage to the USC that petitioned for them from using this pilot program. It does not say you have to have an I-130, you only to be adjusting status based on a family relationship with an immigration visa currently available.

Rete [/QUOTE]
Old Jul 20th 2004, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Archie Wilson will become famous soon enough

OK, so what happens if you filed for AOS in the Atlanta District Office, then you moved to Dallas, and want to utlize this pilot program for AOS?
How do you go about it?????

Originally posted by chand311
I have used DORA (Dallas Rapid Adjustment) . Submitted my forms and had interview the same day on may 6th 2004. Had NOA dated may 13th 2004. Had my FP on 21st may and FP results returned on June 1st. Its 73 days since i had my interview. Another 17days to go before teh 90 days is over. I am really glad with USCIS trying to improve the speed of processing.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Rete
After reading the specs:

Rete
[/QUOTE]