TSC Frustrations!!!

Old Apr 11th 2001, 11:30 pm
Jonathan Arendt

Evening y'all -

Well, if misery loves company, then I have found the right place. My Canadian
fiancee, Martha, and I sent our info in on January 21. We were put on the cue (first
NOA) on February 1. We have a wedding planned for July 14 this summer, and if TSC
keeps this pace up, we will never make that date. That will mean postponing the
wedding. What I don't understand is this: folks at other centers are processing much
faster times (approx. 55 days in CA, 50 days in Nebraska, and 10-15 days in
Vermot!!!!!) Why don't we mail these petitions to a national center and have them
direct it to the regional centers to keep everything balanced? I called 3 1/2 weeks
ago and they were processing December 5 and I called yesterday and they were
processing December 15. The ratio is now 24 calender days : 10 petition days. It
does not make sense!! Should we be subjected to this torture simply b/c of
geographic luck? My fiancee has dual degrees and cannot come, yet I pass dozens of
illegal immigrants every morning waiting to be picked up to do menial labor for
cash. I know they are here illegally, but it is still frustrating. Does anyone else
know what is taking TSC so long or if there is any hope of them getting to February
1 petitions by June 1?

Thanks for the sympathy - Jonathan

Old Apr 12th 2001, 12:35 am
dgdss

Do what we are doing, have a spur of the moment wedding when she comes to visit. We
got our 1st NOA on Jan 29th, wedding in Niagara Falls Canada planned for July 14th,
umm no way to make that date. We can't cancel the wedding to many people involved, so
we are doing the spur of the moment wedding and apply for AOS. I know exactly how you
feel, if your fiancee drives over and says she is visiting she will not be
questioned, at least I never am.

>
    >
    >
    >
put
    >
    >
    >
    >
in
    >
    >
regional
    >
were
    >
    >
does
    >
    >
    >
    >
but
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 12th 2001, 1:40 am
Diane M

Do I misunderstand what you're saying, or are you planning on getting married on a
K-1 in Canada? That won't work. You have to be married in the U.S. You can't cross
the border using a K-1 if you are married.

Eddie and I seem to be on track with our K-1 for our August 26 wedding, but we have a
"contingency plan" just in case. If for some reason we don't have the Visa on August
26, he will come out and we will have a "mock" wedding with his and my family and
friends, and then marry legally as soon as he gets the visa.

Diane M.

dgdss wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 12th 2001, 11:02 am
mike muncy

I would do a spur of the moment wedding without a moments waist if my fiancee lived
in Canada ! If dealing with TSC that would make that decision even easier.

Old Apr 12th 2001, 4:35 pm
dgdss

No Diane, we applied for K-1 , takes too long, I will drive (Canadian) to my Fiancees
(USC) and get married there on the spur of the moment. Apply for AOS. I wish the
system was fairer and we really wanted to do the K-1 all legal and proper, but God
how anyone puts up with the timeline differences is beyond me, we already had our
wedding planned for July 14th based on what was happening around 1 Dec. now it takes
way too long.

>
married
    >
You
    >
    >
    >
but we
    >
the
    >
his
    >
visa.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Do what we are doing, have a spur of the moment wedding when she comes[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > visit. We got our 1st NOA on Jan 29th, wedding in Niagara Falls Canada planned[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for July 14th, umm no way to make that date. We can't cancel the wedding to many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > people involved, so we are doing the spur of the moment wedding and apply for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > AOS. I know exactly how you feel, if your fiancee drives over and says she[/usenetquote2]
is
[usenetquote2]> > visiting she will not be questioned, at least I never am.[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 12th 2001, 10:50 pm
Jonathan Arendt

The only problem is her being able to work. She wanted to begin working in August
when school starts and my district would be willing to hire her, providing that she
is able to work. But, since she cannot - I am not sure what I can do. But the I-130
processing time is infinitely longer than the I-129 processing time. Oh well - we
shall see. . .

Jonathan

>
    >

Old Apr 12th 2001, 11:02 pm
Vermyndax

Yeah, but your fiancee' (then wife) gets to stay with you instead of being apart...

--Alexander

>
in
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
    >
    >