Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Trust your mailbox, not online case status (AP!)

Trust your mailbox, not online case status (AP!)

Old Aug 17th 2004, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

NOLA_Dave is on a distinguished road
Talking Trust your mailbox, not online case status (AP!)

I went to my mailbox this evening and got a surprise letter from the DOJ (still said INS on the evelope - must be old letterhead). As a religious checker of the online case status, I had a mild panic attack since I thought the only thing it could be was an RFE. To my great surprise, it was my wife's AP. Though it has shown some recent activity, the online case status for her AP is still stuck telling us they've sent the NOA. Hopefully they've been too busy working on apps to mess with web updates

We filed our apps in New Orleans, and even though they got forwarded to Missouri, they've followed the New Orleans timeline pretty closely (much further along than Missouri right now).
Old Aug 17th 2004, 1:54 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Trust your mailbox, not online case status (AP!)

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave
I went to my mailbox this evening and got a surprise letter from the DOJ (still said INS on the evelope - must be old letterhead). As a religious checker of the online case status, I had a mild panic attack since I thought the only thing it could be was an RFE. To my great surprise, it was my wife's AP. Though it has shown some recent activity, the online case status for her AP is still stuck telling us they've sent the NOA. Hopefully they've been too busy working on apps to mess with web updates

We filed our apps in New Orleans, and even though they got forwarded to Missouri, they've followed the New Orleans timeline pretty closely (much further along than Missouri right now).

CONGRATULATIONS!!
I wish I had my EAD in the mail tomorrow!!
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default Re: Trust your mailbox, not online case status (AP!)

First up.. congratulations!!

Hehe.. my AOS is now complete, and I have received my greencard. The AOS case number still says they have received my fingerprints and processing has resumed and that they will contact me when they need/want more info.

Also the EAD one still says it was passed to Baltimore - that got changed to that the day I actually went to Baltimore and got the card.

It is a nice indicator, but that is all the website can be - an indicator =)
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Julia_sb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congrats!!

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave

Congratulations!! My EAD was approved recently and I was notified by email from USCIS. With that said, I wouldn't expect the online status to be reliable most of the time

Julia
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:27 pm
Jim Schlegel

I am a little confused (now that is an understatement!).

1. I thought you follow the NBC timelines for the AP and EAD, then the
local service center for AOS. (we filed through Tampa) Tampa says they
are on July 1 and NBC April 23????

2. Am I looking at the wrong on-line status page? I have never seen
anything in the details stating they have received fingerprints or what
have you. The only thing it says is they received our paperwork on April
20th.( https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp )

BTW, CONGRATS on getting the AP for your wife. My wife and I can't wait
to go back to Russia and see her family again.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:50:21 -0400, NOLA_Dave wrote:

> I went to my mailbox this evening and got a surprise letter from the DOJ
    > (still said INS on the evelope - must be old letterhead). As a
    > religious checker of the online case status, I had a mild panic attack
    > since I thought the only thing it could be was an RFE. To my great
    > surprise, it was my wife's AP. Though it has shown some recent
    > activity, the online case status for her AP is still stuck telling us
    > they've sent the NOA. Hopefully they've been too busy working on apps
    > to mess with web updates ;)
    >
    > We filed our apps in New Orleans, and even though they got forwarded to
    > Missouri, they've followed the New Orleans timeline pretty closely (much
    > further along than Missouri right now).

Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Schlegel
I am a little confused (now that is an understatement!).

1. I thought you follow the NBC timelines for the AP and EAD, then the
local service center for AOS. (we filed through Tampa) Tampa says they
are on July 1 and NBC April 23????
You don't follow your local office timeline; it is not processed by your local office if you have an MSC case number. My local office doesn't even post processing time reports anymore, so how could it be true that I need to follow that?

Anyway, congrats Dave! I'm beginning to think they've lost our application filed April 26....
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I wish I had my EAD in the mail tomorrow!!
Hi hypertweeky,

My NOA for the AOS,NOA and EAD is april 19,so we re pretty close together..if we ever get approved..lol
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:19 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Congrats!!

Originally Posted by Julia_sb
Congratulations!! My EAD was approved recently and I was notified by email from USCIS. With that said, I wouldn't expect the online status to be reliable most of the time

Julia
'
I am gonna go check my mailbox right now!! LOL
Congrats Julia!!