Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Travelling Whilst I-751 is Pending

Travelling Whilst I-751 is Pending

Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of
Default Travelling Whilst I-751 is Pending

I filed in June 2012 at the VSC and have still not heard a peep. My attorney has said that some cases are taking over a year at this point, but that's not the issue.

I travel to the UK in April for 12 days and I am aware that I am good to travel with my Passport, Expired GC and my NOA (Extension Letter). My issue is that I'm wondering what would happen if my case is approved whilst I'm away? When I arrive back into the US would I run into issues if my GC has been issued whilst I'm out of the country and I don't have access to it? I have read somewhere that when a I-751 case is approved your extension letter is 'cancelled' but I can't see that being right. I just want to get my ducks all in a row to make sure I don't have any problems getting home.

Any clarification would help.

Also, my extension letter is good through June 2013 so I will be returning to the US way before it expires.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling Whilst I-751 is Pending

I don't think so. If the CBP officer knows that your removal of conditions was approved, they will also know when.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83
My issue is that I'm wondering what would happen if my case is approved whilst I'm away? When I arrive back into the US would I run into issues if my GC has been issued whilst I'm out of the country and I don't have access to it?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Travelling Whilst I-751 is Pending

I also called USCIS to see if they had gotten my new address, but apparently the call center agents don't have access to that information. My attorney filed the necessary but used the original Case # that comes on the NOA. There is a different case # that comes with the ASC Appointment Notice which is the one used for tracking and they told me that that one had not been changed. But they could't tell me what address they have. So I've had to make an Info Pass appointment, the last thing I need after waiting all this time is my GC going to the wrong address. I'd have thought since both #'s are the same case they'd have linked the address change. So annoying!