Wikiposts

travelling , cruising to alaska

Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

kath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant future
Default travelling , cruising to alaska

Hi,

Can any one give me any advice. I am travelling to Alaska in July. My Aos is still pending after 18 months. Non US Citizens travelling to Alaska must present proof of citizenship in the form of:

Valid resident card.

Non US citizen need a valid passport and a valid , non expired US multiple re entry visa.

What do i need to do to be allowed on the cruise. Also i need to be allowed to re enter the US.

I thought the Alaska was a part of America.

Thanks for your help.

Kath58.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travelling , cruising to alaska

I'm taking a cruise to Alaska in May. You need your passport and Advance Parole. If you read your cruise details you will see that you might be leaving from or returning to Vancouver, Canada or that some of your trips on land will venture into the Canadian part of the NW territory. I know of my land trips does.

Originally Posted by kath58
Hi,

Can any one give me any advice. I am travelling to Alaska in July. My Aos is still pending after 18 months. Non US Citizens travelling to Alaska must present proof of citizenship in the form of:

Valid resident card.

Non US citizen need a valid passport and a valid , non expired US multiple re entry visa.

What do i need to do to be allowed on the cruise. Also i need to be allowed to re enter the US.

Thanks for your help.

Kath58.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Valid resident card.

Thanks for your help.

Kath58.
Hi:

The ship will touch Canada at least once. Canada is not part of the US. There was an attempt to annex Canada to the US in 1812 -- but the invasion was repelled.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You will need your Passport and Advance Parole Document (which you received after filing I-131 as part of your AOS package). If you did not file for AP, you need to do so now, and must have it IN HAND before leaving the USA. It takes around 60 days to receive AP in hand after filing the I-131.

Do NOT get on the cruise ship without your AP in your hands.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

kath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant future

HI everyone,

Thanks for your help. I am filing out the AP now. Then going to send it. Once again thanks.

Kath58.