Travelling to Brazil

Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:23 pm
Loving the Pacific NW

Location: From Kildare, Ireland to Vancouver, BC to Portland, Oregon
Boylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud of
Default Travelling to Brazil

Hi,

Quick Q - I am a dual citizen of both Ireland and the US (living in the US) and I planning on going to Brazil for the World Cup leaving from the US. US citizens need a visa for entry into Brazil but Ireland is a non-visa country for re-entry into Brazil. Would it be an issue using the Irish passport upon entry to Brazil in order to not have to pay for a visa?

Thanks in advance.

Boylerz
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to Brazil

Originally Posted by Boylerz
Quick Q - I am a dual citizen of both Ireland and the US (living in the US) and I planning on going to Brazil for the World Cup leaving from the US. US citizens need a visa for entry into Brazil but Ireland is a non-visa country for re-entry into Brazil. Would it be an issue using the Irish passport upon entry to Brazil in order to not have to pay for a visa?
As far as I know, that should be fine. My husband is a dual US/Iran citizen. When he goes to Turkey, he uses his Iranian passport so he won't need a visa. Then he uses his US passport for return to the USA.

Rene
Old Mar 28th 2014, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

I travel to Brazil for business often.
One big thing to make sure of is hang onto the copy of immigration form the immigration officer gives you when you enter, you will need when you depart, without it you will have issues getting through departure immigration, so keep it safe while you are down there.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 3:09 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vimto
I travel to Brazil for business often.
One big thing to make sure of is hang onto the copy of immigration form the immigration officer gives you when you enter, you will need when you depart, without it you will have issues getting through departure immigration, so keep it safe while you are down there.
They won't let you leave, if you can't prove you arrived?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:14 pm
Loving the Pacific NW

Location: From Kildare, Ireland to Vancouver, BC to Portland, Oregon
Boylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud of

Thanks you all very much!

Boylerz
Old Mar 30th 2014, 2:45 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
They won't let you leave, if you can't prove you arrived?
When I went to Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre on business trips (not much time for the beach I'm afraid), that was what everyone said. Since I kept my slip tucked behind my passport in its cover, I was fine upon exit. I don't know how much hassle they'd give you if you left without it, but I hear it's considerable and you might miss your flight.

By the way the Rio airport s***s and its security is way lax and it is difficult to get assistance in English or Spanish. Bone up on your Portuguese phrases (and include "I can't find my connection" and "My flight is leaving in half an hour").

Last edited by Speedwell; Mar 30th 2014 at 2:47 pm.