Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Travelling back to England for vacation

Travelling back to England for vacation

Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Travelling back to England for vacation

Hi all

Just one question, I have my AOS interview on Tuesday and hoping to be approved so that when I travel in May back to England for vacation I can go as a conditional PR.

On my return back do I have to fill in a I-94 card or is that just for visitors and non-immigrants?

Thanks for your help.
Gisela
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:24 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Travelling back to England for vacation

Originally Posted by whistlestop01
On my return back do I have to fill in a I-94 card or is that just for visitors and non-immigrants?
No, no I-94 needed as a permanent resident, just the customs form to be filled out.

Good luck at your interview!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
No, no I-94 needed as a permanent resident, just the customs form to be filled out.

Good luck at your interview!
Thank You!!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:45 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Just one question, I have my AOS interview on Tuesday and hoping to be approved so that when I travel in May back to England for vacation I can go as a conditional PR.

Thanks for your help.
Gisela
I hope you get your stamp and/or green card in the mail before you travel in May!!

Good luck.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steffi
I hope you get your stamp and/or green card in the mail before you travel in May!!

Good luck.
Me too cos I dont want them taking my AP documents if they don't approve me and then I won't be able to travel but I guess they wouldn't do that as they know I will still need the documents. But (thinking positive) I am going to be approved.

Would be so much better though to have the stamp as then I won't have to go through the rigmarole of going into a separate room for questioning etc.

Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:55 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

They took my AP papers from me. When they approved me I told them I wanted to leave the country to celebrate that day so he promptly stamped the passport without hesitation.
Good luck
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
They took my AP papers from me. When they approved me I told them I wanted to leave the country to celebrate that day so he promptly stamped the passport without hesitation.
Good luck
That is great. I also see on your timeline you got your greencard very quickly. I was thinking it would be months before I got it.

Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:05 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

That is great. I also see on your timeline you got your greencard very quickly. I was thinking it would be months before I got it.

Thanks
Yeh there seemed to be a rush of GCs going out quickly but not sure if it has slowed down again. There's nowt better than getting the card and knowing you're safe from paperwork....for a while Tell them you have your trip planned and I'm sure they'll acoomodate.