Travel within US

Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

als25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel within US

Hey guys I am set to travel, can anyone tell me the procedure ie how many times will I have to show my passport as id. Obviously once when I go to the desk and pick up my boarding pass,do I then have to show it again when we go through security or just the boarding pass. Still no receipt letter from USCIS
Thanks
Les
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

cew602 is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have to show your ID to go through security. And I think you usually have to show it when you are boarding the plane.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by als25
Hey guys I am set to travel, can anyone tell me the procedure ie how many times will I have to show my passport as id. Obviously once when I go to the desk and pick up my boarding pass,do I then have to show it again when we go through security or just the boarding pass. Still no receipt letter from USCIS
Thanks
Les
Hi Les,

Once when you get your boarding pass, once when you go through security, and any other time anyone official asks to see it.

Keep it handy where you can show it easily.

Have a great trip!
Rene
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

What do they check? Just that your name matches your ticket?
Thanks
Les
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Les
Yes. And that the photo is you.

Rene
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Les
And that your picture matches your ID. Multiple ID checks are fairly common around the world now.
I don't understand your level of concern, or rather, it seems you really have a different question you'd like to ask? If so, just out with it.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys I am set to travel, can anyone tell me the procedure ie how many times will I have to show my passport as id.
Why are you so obsessed with this? Do you have something to hide? Is there a flyer somewhere with your picture and a description of some horrible torture you inflicted on one of the local dogs?

Ian
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:25 am
Just Joined

No just asking,thanks for all the help, I just wish I had my receipt from uscis before I fly , oh well!
Thanks
Les
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:28 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

No just asking,thanks for all the help, I just wish I had my receipt from uscis before I fly , oh well!
Thanks
Les
The reason why they want an ID is for identification, they want to make sure your neighbor isn't using your plane ticket
Have fun...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did read of a case where someone in AOS limbo land was quizzed due to the out of date I94. If you are really worried take your AOS NOA (I never actually received one, another story)

I always have my passport open at the relevant photo page.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Boiler
I did read of a case where someone in AOS limbo land was quizzed due to the out of date I94. If you are really worried take your AOS NOA (I never actually received one, another story)

I always have my passport open at the relevant photo page.
That's just it, he hasn't gotten the paper NOA yet.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's just it, he hasn't gotten the paper NOA yet.

Rene
Show them the photopage in your passport.

Show them another form of pictiure ID, Driving License for example.

The lady concerned had no other picture ID, she had no DL from her home country and handed the passport over for them to look over.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 4:05 pm
L D Jones

Hypertweeky wrote:
    >>No just asking,thanks for all the help, I just wish I had my receipt
    >>from uscis before I fly , oh well!
    >>Thanks
    >>Les
    >
    >
    > The reason why they want an ID is for identification, they want to make
    > sure your neighbor isn't using your plane ticket:D
    > Have fun...
    >
Why not, the checks do little to actually enhance security

Old Oct 14th 2005, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by L D Jones
Why not, the checks do little to actually enhance security
Whilst in no way denying the obvious truth of this statement:

Such comments uttered with a 20 mile? radius of an airport could end up with you in clink.

It does provide gainful ish employment for many people whose only other option in life would be flipping burgers.