Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Travel to Canada with stepchild...

Travel to Canada with stepchild...

Old Jul 12th 2002, 6:20 pm
Nicole

Default Travel to Canada with stepchild...

Hello everyone...long time no see! Here is my question:

I have my green card as a conditional permanent resident. I am planning on traveling
to Canada from the US with my stepdaughter. What documents will I need in order to
cross the border into Canada with her? My husband has joint custody of her with his
exwife. My stepdaughter is 11 years old.

Many thanks to anyone who can answer!

Nicole

Old Jul 12th 2002, 7:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to Canada with stepchild...

Bring her passport and/or birth certificate. Also to be safe, rather than sorry, a letter from each parent stating that they have given you permission to bring their daughter into Canada for a holiday and that you are scheduled to return on such and such a date. Include various numbers they can be reached at if the examiner wanted to call them to verify the validity of the letters.
Old Jul 12th 2002, 8:20 pm
Dabear?

chances are they will ask for a letter from both of the parents that say you have
permission to travel and/or take her with you.

Nicole wrote:

> Hello everyone...long time no see! Here is my question:
    >
    > I have my green card as a conditional permanent resident. I am planning on
    > traveling to Canada from the US with my stepdaughter. What documents will I need in
    > order to cross the border into Canada with her? My husband has joint custody of her
    > with his exwife. My stepdaughter is 11 years old.
    >
    > Many thanks to anyone who can answer!
    >
    > Nicole

Old Jul 13th 2002, 1:20 am
Dabear?

OT I seen once at Toronto Airport a German man bring his daughter for a holiday, and
of course the money was not around. Canada Customs basically took him and the little
girl into a room for further questioning. They kept asking for the letter from the
mother that gave him permission take her out of the country.

Rete wrote:

> Bring her passport and/or birth certificate. Also to be safe, rather than sorry, a
    > letter from each parent stating that they have given you permission to bring their
    > daughter into Canada for a holiday and that you are scheduled to return on such and
    > such a date. Include various numbers they can be reached at if the examiner wanted
    > to call them to verify the validity of the letters.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com