Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Transferring pending AOS application to another office???

Transferring pending AOS application to another office???

Old Mar 26th 2003, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

mqwang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring pending AOS application to another office???

Hi,

In a few days I will become a U.S. Citizen and I intend to start the AOS process for my wife asap. (she's currently in the U.S. as a tourist and her visa is about to expire).

Seems quite easy, but what complicates this matter, is the fact that a couple of days ago, I was informed by my employer that me and my wife would be transferred from California to another location for the next 6-8 months. The transfer will be effective as of the end of next week. We expect that by the end of September or November we might be back in California. I am writing "might", because the transfer can be extended by additional couple of months, but unfortunately there's no way to tell it now. To complicate things even more, the remote location we will be transferred to is in Miami, FL.

So the key question for us is where to file? We are wondering if it's possible to start the AOS process with a district office/sub-office in Miami, FL and transfer it the district office/sub-office in California once we know we're returning?

We are not sure whether to file in California because we're afaid that we may end up flying back and forth a couple of times (fingerprints, medical examinations, advance parole, EAD etc. as we assume that there might be more than one visit required prior to the final interview).

Any suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
mqwang