Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Totally O/T: Hard to find item........

Totally O/T: Hard to find item........

Old May 19th 2003, 4:47 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Totally O/T: Hard to find item........

Originally posted by AndysGirl
Sorry to say, there is NO equivalent to Cadbury's Chocolate.

FYI...Wal-Mart carries Cadburys Dairy Milk and Fruit & Nuts. Just look in the big bag candy isle!

Robin
It's NOT real Cadbury's. It's made under licence from Cadbury's by Hershey's in the US and it isn't anything like the real stuff

The cream eggs though ARE real.. they are imported from England. Hershey's probably hasn't got the machinery to produce them here thankfully.
Old May 19th 2003, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Totally O/T: Hard to find item........

Originally posted by lairdside
It's NOT real Cadbury's. It's made under licence from Cadbury's by Hershey's in the US and it isn't anything like the real stuff

The cream eggs though ARE real.. they are imported from England. Hershey's probably hasn't got the machinery to produce them here thankfully.
True US cadbury bars are not like UK. US choccie is so nasty due to the parafin they put in it.

Steve's mum sends us a choccie care package about every two - three months even though we could purchase some at West Point Market. Steve has one customer that likes to travel to London once a year and brings us back a big box of Thornton's each time. Actually many of his UK customers are often giving him UK goods, one gave him Yorkshire tea bags, but he's a Nescafé kinda guy so I get to drink the tea. (US Nescafé isn't as nice as UK either......dunno why)

Lisa
Old May 19th 2003, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

we have cadbury's everywhere over here! when r came for his first visit he brought oodles of it, and was a bit disappointed that it wasn't some new and wonderful thing for me!
i also have a jar of marmite .. opened and scooped from only once: ack!

one thing i will admit about the cadbury's..if you like cadbury eggs they most MADDENINGLY only sell them over here at easter time! sheesh!