totally confused

Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

lesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the rough
Default totally confused

have looked at many threads and still confused as to if we have any chance of getting in us or not.
my husband and i currently own 2 companies, would like to move over to us, have looked at L 1 visa and E 2 visa gather first one means start new company up in US to run along side british one and E 2 means sell companies and buy a new one in US is this correct, also like most people dont want to move kids give everything up if cant get in as would have to sell everything in order to gain capital. Is there any other way we could get in also did look at employer sponsership but would imagine hard to get a company to do this if havent even met u?
would appreciate any help i know you all must be fed up of people like me asking same questions lol
regards lesley
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:53 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: totally confused

Originally Posted by lesleybruck
have looked at many threads and still confused as to if we have any chance of getting in us or not.
my husband and i currently own 2 companies, would like to move over to us, have looked at L 1 visa and E 2 visa gather first one means start new company up in US to run along side british one and E 2 means sell companies and buy a new one in US is this correct, also like most people dont want to move kids give everything up if cant get in as would have to sell everything in order to gain capital. Is there any other way we could get in also did look at employer sponsership but would imagine hard to get a company to do this if havent even met u?
would appreciate any help i know you all must be fed up of people like me asking same questions lol
regards lesley
hi lesley welcome to british expats yes if youve read the many other threads on the subject on this forum then youve pretty much tapped into the sum total of the expertise available on this board everything youve said is perfectly correct suggest you go and invest some money seeking the services of one of the visa agencies if you think you have a chance lol regards tonrob
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

read that....chance of a sponsor?

E2 ain't a great visa if you've got kids...
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

If you can make it $$$-wise to the EB5 -- that's your best bet.

The L1 game with two small businesses is currently popular -- so London is, of course, cracking down. But at least it leads to a GC if you make it past the renewal.

The E2 is the desperate visa and the last of the list.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

lesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the roughlesleybruck is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bob
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

read that....chance of a sponsor?

E2 ain't a great visa if you've got kids...
yes we have got kids, two boys aged 7 and 4 months so a few years yet before they start work,if we can get an L 1 visa can we eventually shut the other company in the uk so we dont have the hastle of going back and forth between countries if yes how long do we have to wait, thank you for replying
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

yes we have got kids, two boys aged 7 and 4 months so a few years yet before they start work,if we can get an L 1 visa can we eventually shut the other company in the uk so we dont have the hastle of going back and forth between countries if yes how long do we have to wait, thank you for replying
You'd need to speak to an immigration lawyer, you might have troubles with that strategy, especially with renewing the visa, shouldn't be an issue once you have the greencard though.

And the thing with E2 and kids, not so much work, it's that it doesn't lead to a greencard, so they would have to get their own visa's or return home at 21, and if the business goes under, your out straight away etc.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:31 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

The UK business needs to keep going until you've at least got your green cards. It also needs to be substantial and active, as does the US arm. Pulling the trick off successfully requires plenty of research and, probably, professional help.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

How many employees do the UK companies have?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

regards lesley
Hi:

You seem to have enough money to schedule at least a consultation with an immigration lawyer who knows business immigration. There are several in London.

BTW, for some strange reason there is a huge prejudice against E-2 visas on this forum. True, it isn't for everyone. But "desperation" visa? Hardly.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:38 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You seem to have enough money to schedule at least a consultation with an immigration lawyer who knows business immigration. There are several in London.

BTW, for some strange reason there is a huge prejudice against E-2 visas on this forum. True, it isn't for everyone. But "desperation" visa? Hardly.
It's better than C/D-1...just...if that's what you mean.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Well I have yet to see an E2 Visa holder who would not have prefered another.

How about Visa of last choice?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

especially if your using the London Consulate ...

and if India join the E-2 family as may happen ...
Whoa ..
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

It depends upon the individual case. A general rule cannot be made. Yes, sometimes it is the only visa available. Have you thought of gay partners? And sometimes, the person really doesn't want to "permanently" immigrate to the US for tax reasons or reasons of the laws of their home country. And many "E's" do have strong possibilties of future but not present immigration.

I have said that it isn't for everyone. This also applies to green-card status, believe it or not.

Again, it depends upon the individual case.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

How many employees do the UK companies have?
my husbands has 3, my company has 12, my husbands is a fire alarm company and mine is a child care service, the trouble with my husbands is he is the technical one and if he wasnt there dont know if it would last, plus its word of mouth so without him there it would be difficult. Very disappointed as really wanted (LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE) to move to US, seems its very difficult to gain entry unless have loads of money etc, wouldnt want to risk a E2 as like you all say when kids are 21 or we retire we would have to leave and i wouldnt want that after we have set up a new life. thank you all for your help.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

3 is very unlikely to be enough for a L Visa.

12 may well be, but multi national child care, not sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.