Timescales and DCF

Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

StarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant future
Default Timescales and DCF

Hi everyone,

I would just like to know how long it took everyone who did DCF in London to hear from the embassy after initially sending out your I-130s?

I'm one of the people who got rejected for filing there due to not living here long enough, though due to the fact that I only sent a copy of my most recent visa to be in the UK when I initially filed, they were under the impression I had lived here shorter than I really have ( they saw from September 2004 on my Leave to Remain but I have been here since September 2003 on two other visas). Due to this and information given to me during all of my research, I decided to re-send it, this time with photocopies of my visas dating back to 15 months ago and more proof of UK residence.

I sent this three weeks ago and haven't heard anything. No money has been taken out at all. I'm starting to wonder what they are doing. I emailed them last week on Tuesday and have yet to get a reply,either.

I am worried they possibly sent my I-130 on to Nebraska without my permission. Would they do this? Jeanette on this forum had them send hers to LA but I believe she knew about it first.

Also,does anyone have any experience with the Rome office? I wrote to them over a month ago and havent heard anything from them. I am thinking of faxing them the same letter I sent but dont want to seem rude.

Thanks as always for any information.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice
Default Re: Timescales and DCF

Originally Posted by StarlaLorien
Hi everyone,

I would just like to know how long it took everyone who did DCF in London to hear from the embassy after initially sending out your I-130s?

I'm one of the people who got rejected for filing there due to not living here long enough, though due to the fact that I only sent a copy of my most recent visa to be in the UK when I initially filed, they were under the impression I had lived here shorter than I really have ( they saw from September 2004 on my Leave to Remain but I have been here since September 2003 on two other visas). Due to this and information given to me during all of my research, I decided to re-send it, this time with photocopies of my visas dating back to 15 months ago and more proof of UK residence.

I sent this three weeks ago and haven't heard anything. No money has been taken out at all. I'm starting to wonder what they are doing. I emailed them last week on Tuesday and have yet to get a reply,either.

I am worried they possibly sent my I-130 on to Nebraska without my permission. Would they do this? Jeanette on this forum had them send hers to LA but I believe she knew about it first.

Also,does anyone have any experience with the Rome office? I wrote to them over a month ago and havent heard anything from them. I am thinking of faxing them the same letter I sent but dont want to seem rude.

The london embassy is now processing I-130's that were received on or before 04 January 2005.

I received a card saying that my I-130 was logged about 2 weeks after I sent it.

It seems odd that you havent received even the card yet.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

StarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Timescales and DCF

Originally Posted by broma25
The london embassy is now processing I-130's that were received on or before 04 January 2005.

I received a card saying that my I-130 was logged about 2 weeks after I sent it.

It seems odd that you havent received even the card yet.
Wow, I cant believe they are processing petitions they recieved the 4th but havent been able to let me know what they are doing with my application which I sent the 10th.

I am worried they sent it on to a US service center without telling me....but they sure are flying through those petitions now. They must have really lightened their workload by rejecting all those people.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 7:04 pm
Eden and Jake

Ours was approved on Jan. 23rd or so and we filed on Dec. 9th. Hope
that helps!

Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Wow, I cant believe they are processing petitions they recieved the 4th but havent been able to let me know what they are doing with my application which I sent the 10th.

I am worried they sent it on to a US service center without telling me....but they sure are flying through those petitions now. They must have really lightened their workload by rejecting all those people.
Processing of yours (which was sent on the 10th) will probably be the next lot but it can take 12 weeks to process.

I would have though that you would have received the postcard telling you the date it was actually logged though.

I would email the embassy and see if they can tell you if its logged!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by broma25
Processing of yours (which was sent on the 10th) will probably be the next lot but it can take 12 weeks to process.

I would have though that you would have received the postcard telling you the date it was actually logged though.

I would email the embassy and see if they can tell you if its logged!!
Thanks. I've emailed them twice and they haven't responsed. The first one was over a week ago. I feel as though they're ingoring me on purpose because they are sick of dealing with me but hopefully I'm just being paranoid! Still nothing in the mail today....I guess I'll just keep waiting....
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. I've emailed them twice and they haven't responsed. The first one was over a week ago. I feel as though they're ingoring me on purpose because they are sick of dealing with me but hopefully I'm just being paranoid! Still nothing in the mail today....I guess I'll just keep waiting....

Can't you email Nebraksa and see if you get any joy there?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette&Ian is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

Man girl, I can't believe they are still giving you this trouble

Perhaps you can email the consular and see if he'll forward your email to the USCIS department in London. I'm surprised Rome didn't call you back when you faxed them a letter because I was assured when I called that a Deputy Immigration Official would call me back the next day to discuss the case.

I wish I knew something better to say -- I have had good results with having my petition forwarded from London to California so if they give you that option if you ever get ahold of them, take it!! But hopefully they will just file the petition in London. I'm still crossing my fingers for ya!

Jeanette
Old Feb 6th 2005, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point

Starla- On your post on Dec 2: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269870

I told you they won't allow petitions unless you have Permanent Residency in the UK. You do not have this, so they will not allow you to file. If they do I would be VERY suprised. As opposed to wasting time with the DCF you should go ahead and file with your home service center. If they go ahead and send your application to Nebraska at least you will be in the queue as opposed to losing time waiting for their response. As you have only been married for a short time you have FLR or LLR (depending on when they changed to LLR) They have updated the info on the DCF website see below:

"Where do I file the petition? The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Embassy in London accepts I-130 petitions from U.S. Citizens who reside in our jurisdiction. U.S. Citizens whose principal residence is not in our jurisdiction, and/or who have entered the United Kingdom as a temporary visitor/student/or with limited leave to enter and remain in the United Kingdom, must file the petition with the appropriate USCIS Service Center in the United States. We require evidence in the form of a photocopy of the leave to remain stamp in the petitioner's passport (must also include photo page of U.S. passport) or a letter from the Home Office confirming the petitioner's status in the United Kingdom; or a copy of the petitioner's orders if he or she is a member of the U.S. militaty stationed in the United Kingdom."

As you have Limited Leave to Remain you are NOT eligible. After you have been married for 2 yrs and have Unlimited Leave to Remain you will be eligible to apply through London. I say bite the bullet and apply through the US, think of all the applications are in front of yours now.