Timeline for naturalisation.

Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline for naturalisation.

Originally Posted by sansky
It will help me to get a time idea of how soon I can get to US.
It will take 6-12 months for him to complete the naturalization process. Once he sends off the I-129f petition (which starts the K-1 process) it'll be 6-8 months before you enter the US with the K-1 visa... so, you're looking at about 15-24 months from now.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Oct 26th 2008 at 8:41 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

sansky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It will take 6-12 months for him to complete the naturalization process. Once he sends off the I-129f petition (which starts the K-1 process) it'll be 6-8 months before you enter the US with the K-1 visa... so, you're looking at about 15-24 months from now.

Ian
Thank you Ian-mstm,

(( SO LONG?????....SO DIFFICULT?...Is there any other possibility to get to him?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

SO LONG?????....SO DIFFICULT?
We've all done it... months or years apart - it is difficult, but it's not the end of the world.

Is there any other possibility to get to him?
Unless you qualify for a visa on your own or are eligible to use the Visa Waiver, no.

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:27 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
If you get your appointment for interview before 10/1/2009 you get to choose whether you take the new or old test so you only need to study the 100 questions sheet, if you choose the new test you need the whole book.
Really, would anyone opt for the new test? LOL
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Really, would anyone opt for the new test? LOL
Someone posted today that they took the new test and it wasn't hard. Can't remember who posted or on what thread (might even be this one, haven't looked to see). Anyway, I'm definitely taking the old one
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:32 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Hello TinaFlorida and anybody from Tampa I would really appreciate if you would write your naturalization timeline and process. Or maybe direct my to appropriate thread if you posted already. Thank you. (My fiancee has to apply in November. He lives in Polk County and I guess he's in Tampa's jurisdiction also. And of course if you have any other knowledge about Tampa naturalization timeline I would be really grateful. It will help me to get a time idea of how soon I can get to US. I can't wait for him to become USC. Just as such, I can get to him on a K-1 visa as a fiancee.)

Thank you.
Well, I don't think I ever posted a full timeline so it's all a bit vague.

I sent in my paperwork in January, fingerprints were done in March, had my interview in August and took the oath three days later. Everything was pretty straightforward for me, but I did post more about it earlier in this thread at the time.

Sounds like the best route for you would also be K-1. I did that back in 1999 and all in all it took about six months. So you're probably looking at a year plus from when your fiancee applies in November. I'm not sure if Polk would come under Tampa or Orlando.

Good luck to you both, if I think of anything else useful I'll post.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

sansky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Well, I don't think I ever posted a full timeline so it's all a bit vague.

I sent in my paperwork in January, fingerprints were done in March, had my interview in August and took the oath three days later. Everything was pretty straightforward for me, but I did post more about it earlier in this thread at the time.

Sounds like the best route for you would also be K-1. I did that back in 1999 and all in all it took about six months. So you're probably looking at a year plus from when your fiancee applies in November. I'm not sure if Polk would come under Tampa or Orlando.

Good luck to you both, if I think of anything else useful I'll post.
You are all so very kind. Thank you for answering. I would really appreciate any reference to Tampa Office N-400 fillers.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

You are all so very kind. Thank you for answering. I would really appreciate any reference to Tampa Office N-400 fillers.
You might need to start a new thread to catch the attention of the Tampa N-400 filers. Good luck
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:42 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Look for Dan725 posts ..
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Sk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sk007
I sent mine on Jul 21 via fedex got a notice with priority date JUL 23 and saying I'll get interview in 90 days of notice.
Hi there I got my interview on october 27 and oath as well I'm done with USCIS for good.
I applied on Jul 21, 2008 and done on october 27, 2008 in 96 days I sent my application at vermont center.
Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi there I got my interview on october 27 and oath as well I'm done with USCIS for good.
I applied on Jul 21, 2008 and done on october 27, 2008 in 96 days I sent my application at vermont center.
Thanks
What state are you in?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Sk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really niceSk007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Marmalade
What state are you in?
I'm in VA we work with Vermount center.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm in VA we work with Vermount center.
Okay, thanks. It's nice to know where everyone is and how long their timeline's are in each state. Pretty quick timeline for you.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Okay, thanks. It's nice to know where everyone is and how long their timeline's are in each state. Pretty quick timeline for you.
Yes it was really fast! I wish good luck to everyone and hope they'll move at the same speed for them as well.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Clangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete
No, they are not. It is not a matter of the service center being quick; it is a matter of the district office being quick. All the service center does is accept your petitions, send out the notice of action, schedules your biometrics and then holds the petitions until the district office calls for them.

Good luck to you all.

BTW where do you reside? M.A. are not initials for any state that I know of. If you meant MA for Massachusetts, then look up the timeline for naturalization with the Boston office.

I'm curious if you know where I would look to find the timeline. I'll be submitting my application this week and live in San Diego, CA. thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.