Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

timeline for approval of i-130 spouse

timeline for approval of i-130 spouse

Old Jun 25th 2002, 4:20 pm
Kim

Default timeline for approval of i-130 spouse

I will be filing our 130 soon. will i receive an approval notice?

Old Jun 25th 2002, 7:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timeline for approval of i-130 spouse

Only the INS knows if they will approve you or not. No one on the NG can tell you that. We can surmise that without a criminal record, health issues and proof of validity of marriage, that yes the I-130 should be approved. If and when the INS approves the I-130 you should receive a notice of approval. But then again you might not depending on the circumstances of filing. Are you filing while the foreign spouse is in the US? Then you will be filing at the local INS level and will include the I-485 with that and no you will not get an approval notice but an I-551 stamp in the passport of the foreign spouse after the interview.

Rete
Old Jun 26th 2002, 3:20 am
Girard Bourque

My unnderstanding is that you will receive 2 notices. One that says they have your
application and a second one that tells you whether you were approved or denied.

Jerry

Old Jun 26th 2002, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

You haven't said where you are from or are filing.
Just in case you are from England.......
I filed my I-130 and eventually received a form stating my
petition had been approved.
The next correspondence I received was the Packet 4 with an
interview date.
That's all of the information I ever received (apart from replies
to emails from the London Consulate)
I only knew when I had a case number by "pestering" the
Consular helpline.

Good luck
Old Jun 28th 2002, 4:20 am
Nukespec

I RECIVED APPROVAL ON JULY27,2001 AND MY WIFE IS STILL IN CAMBODIA WAITING INTERVIEW
IN BANGKOK THAILAND . DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. BE READY FFOR A LONG WAIT.

Old Jun 28th 2002, 8:20 pm
Kathy

Also in england actually london. is a fiance visa or an I-130 spouse visa
ever denied???

[email protected] (Nukespec) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I RECIVED APPROVAL ON JULY27,2001 AND MY WIFE IS STILL IN CAMBODIA WAITING
    > INTERVIEW IN BANGKOK THAILAND . DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. BE READY FFOR A LONG WAIT.

Old Jul 5th 2002, 4:20 pm
L D Jones

kathy wrote:
    >
    > Also in england actually london. is a fiance visa or an I-130 spouse visa ever
    > denied???

Visas are denied but I have never read about a denial in London (not that it cannot
happen, of course). As I understand it, denials are usually due to medical (HIV, for
example) or legal (particularly drug related) problems. Location is irrelevant.