Time for the visa?

Old Jun 19th 2002, 5:20 pm
Joanne Knight

Default Time for the visa?

Anyone know approximately how long the K-Visa takes to process? I am in the UK and my
fiance is in Tennessee. He will be sending the paperwork to Texas Service Centre.

Thanks in advance.

Joanne Knight.

Old Jun 19th 2002, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

robmcintosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time for the visa?

Joanne,
Our K1 timeline described below ...
From what I've been reading of other peoples times, (I've read 3-3.5 months) ours in much longer. I dont have any reasons why !!
Stick with it, good luck, you'll be fine,
Rob.

15 Jan 2002 - submitted the application to the Texas INS centre.
(including the I-824 form / cabling request, which is supposed to speed things up between US and UK)

Feb 2002, i downloaded "my" forms from the UK embassy web site, filled them in and sent them off to London.

7 March 2002 - Yvette received the approval from Texas INS (this was quicker than we thought)

After 8 weeks (from Mar 7) I wrote to the Embassy in the UK as I had been told (by the INS helpline - 0906-1500590 -it's expensive) that i should have heard from the UK embassy in 4-6 weeks. I was getting worried !!! But this appeared to prompt some action (maybe)
.... as
17 May - received (packet 3) from the UK embassy, filled out and returned IV15 (only one of "my" forms outstanding as i'd filled out them in Feb)

5th June - rang the helpline again and was told that my "file" had been updated yesterday and it'll now be an 8-12 week wait for an interview.

18th June - Packet 4 received with interview date of June 24th.
Old Jun 20th 2002, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

swoosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joanne,

You could try the site below for an extensive list of timelines (in case you have not come across it yet =)). Timelines are influenced by all sorts of factors, one being luck, and it's hard to tell how long the process will really take for the individual couple. Some service centers are traditionally fast but then for whatever reason they will slow down for a month or so which results in longer approval times. Hard to tell, but the list might give you at least some idea how long it will take.

http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php4

Best of luck!

Jeannine
Old Jun 20th 2002, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I think the 3-3.5 month timelines are for married couples where both are (or were at the time of filing) living in the UK (if that makes sense)
I think that applications that are filed when one spouse is in the USA are taking slightly longer.
Good luck to you both
Roger (+ Ida)
Old Jun 20th 2002, 3:20 pm
Joanne Knight

Thanks to you all for your help, much appreciated

I have been enjoying looking at all your web sites of the K-Visa experience and I am
finding it a great support to help me get through this

Thank you

Joanne.

"robmcintosh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Joanne, Our K1 timeline described below ... From what I've been reading of other
    > peoples times, (I've read 3-3.5 months) ours in much longer. I dont have any
    > reasons why !! Stick with it, good luck, you'll be fine, Rob.
    >
    > 15 Jan 2002 - submitted the application to the Texas INS centre. (including
    > the I-824 form / cabling request, which is supposed to speed things up between
    > US and UK)
    >
    > Feb 2002, i downloaded "my" forms from the UK embassy web site, filled them in and
    > sent them off to London.
    >
    > 7 March 2002 - Yvette received the approval from Texas INS (this was quicker than
    > we thought)
    >
    > After 8 weeks (from Mar 7) I wrote to the Embassy in the UK as I had been told (by
    > the INS helpline - 0906-1500590 -it's expensive) that i should have heard from the
    > UK embassy in 4-6 weeks. I was getting worried !!! But this appeared to prompt
    > some action (maybe) .... as 17 May - received (packet 3) from the UK embassy,
    > filled out and returned IV15 (only one of "my" forms outstanding as i'd filled out
    > them in Feb)
    >
    > 5th June - rang the helpline again and was told that my "file" had been updated
    > yesterday and it'll now be an 8-12 week wait for an interview.
    >
    > 18th June - Packet 4 received with interview date of June 24th.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 22nd 2002, 10:20 pm
Paul Helpdesk

Joanne:

For Texas Service center, you could check out the latest processing times for I-129F
at: http://www.visapro.com/Texas-Service-Center.asp

Paul @ HelpDesk

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 1:20 pm
Joanne Knight

Thank you

Joanne

"Paul HelpDesk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Joanne:
    >
    > For Texas Service center, you could check out the latest processing times for
    > I-129F at: http://www.visapro.com/Texas-Service-Center.asp
    >
    > Paul @ HelpDesk