Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Time taken to get citizenship approved after filing at CSC?

Time taken to get citizenship approved after filing at CSC?

Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:07 am
rodeo501 via ImmigrationKB.com

Default Time taken to get citizenship approved after filing at CSC?

How many days/months is it taking these days to get Citizenship approved from
CSC from time of filing to interview?

Thanks

--
Message posted via ImmigrationKB.com
http://www.immigrationkb.com/Uwe/For...riage/200610/1

Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time taken to get citizenship approved after filing at CSC?

Originally Posted by rodeo501 via ImmigrationKB.com
You might also want to ask how long it takes from the date of the interview to the oath ceremony, because you won't become a USC until after the oath ceremony.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is not just the California Service Center who is involved but also the district office where you will be interviewed. The petition goes to the CSC who sends you the first NOA and then the same to go for biometrics. From there it is forwarded to the district office when the DO is ready to interview you. The USCIS will give you a very generalized idea of a timeline for that.

The timeline is also dependent on the length of time needed to clear your fingerprints and other security checks and then there is the wait for the oath ceremony.

Guessimation without knowing variables: six months to two years.

Originally Posted by rodeo501 via ImmigrationKB.com

Thanks

--
http://www.immigrationkb.com/Uwe/For...riage/200610/1
Old Oct 26th 2006, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
It is not just the California Service Center who is involved but also the district office where you will be interviewed. The petition goes to the CSC who sends you the first NOA and then the same to go for biometrics. From there it is forwarded to the district office when the DO is ready to interview you. The USCIS will give you a very generalized idea of a timeline for that.

The timeline is also dependent on the length of time needed to clear your fingerprints and other security checks and then there is the wait for the oath ceremony.

Guessimation without knowing variables: six months to two years.
Specifically in the Los Angeles DO, what is the procedure and usual time between interview and oath ceremony? How often are oath ceremonies held? what are others' experiences at Los Angeles DO once approved at the interview of how long they waited to actually be sworn in?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alect
Specifically in the Los Angeles DO, what is the procedure and usual time between interview and oath ceremony? How often are oath ceremonies held? what are others' experiences at Los Angeles DO once approved at the interview of how long they waited to actually be sworn in?

I applied for citizenship in April 2004. Did my fingerprints in Santa Ana in June. Had my interview in July/August and attended the oath ceremony on Sept 14 2004. My Father applied at the same time as me, and had his oath ceremony in Jan/Feb 2005.

hth - Dawn
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Without Boundaries is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by limeynus
I applied for citizenship in April 2004. Did my fingerprints in Santa Ana in June. Had my interview in July/August and attended the oath ceremony on Sept 14 2004. My Father applied at the same time as me, and had his oath ceremony in Jan/Feb 2005.

hth - Dawn
I filed my N400 In 01/06. Interviewed 05/08/06. Failed the US History. Re interviewed 07/18/06. Sworn in 10/25/06. Yesterday.
A friend of mine was interviewed 05/08/06 and sworn in 06/06.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Without Boundaries
I filed my N400 In 01/06. Interviewed 05/08/06. Failed the US History. Re interviewed 07/18/06. Sworn in 10/25/06. Yesterday.
A friend of mine was interviewed 05/08/06 and sworn in 06/06.

Wow you are the first person I've read of who failed the civics test. They are so lenient when it comes to the testing and will continue to ask questions until you get enough right. Just curious how you could have failed? Did you not read or study the 100 questions they supply?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Wow you are the first person I've read of who failed the civics test. They are so lenient when it comes to the testing and will continue to ask questions until you get enough right. Just curious how you could have failed? Did you not read or study the 100 questions they supply?
I did study the questions and plan to study more the day before the interview. BUT I had my baby in 04/06 and we had to rush her to ER the day before my interview. We spent the whole day at ER and didn't get home until midnight and my interview was 7.00 the next morning. My mind went blank - worried about my baby - lack of sleep and hungry - postpartum - etc and on the top of that - the officer was a very mean one..( one of the meanest person I have ever met in my life ) was a really bad day for me. I almost had a second thought of becoming a citizen after this terrible experience with the officer.
Here is some of the mean words he said to me:
" Your mind is not here - think before you answer " Then he asked me a new question and I took a few seconds to think as he suggested and here is his reply: " I can wait for you but I can not wait for you forever"
He also said : " You can give me one answer, you can give me 10 answers, you can give me 25 answers but only the first one will count" - when I tried to correct myself. I almost told him that he can fail me but he doesn't have to be rude and mean.
My second interview went really well - pass with 100 % correct and the officer was an angel - I thanked him at the end and told him that he was helpful and very nice - he deserves it.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:49 pm
Concierge

Don't know if you are the Mommy or the Daddy, but I'm glad the baby is well. That is the most important part of your story.

From what you have written, I don't see that he was mean or rude. In fact, I would say he was being more than fair and honest with you. Anyway it is water under the bridge and if they didn't say it, I will. "Congratulations"

I did study the questions and plan to study more the day before the interview. BUT I had my baby in 04/06 and we had to rush her to ER the day before my interview. We spent the whole day at ER and didn't get home until midnight and my interview was 7.00 the next morning. My mind went blank - worried about my baby - lack of sleep and hungry - postpartum - etc and on the top of that - the officer was a very mean one..( one of the meanest person I have ever met in my life ) was a really bad day for me. I almost had a second thought of becoming a citizen after this terrible experience with the officer.
Here is some of the mean words he said to me:
" Your mind is not here - think before you answer " Then he asked me a new question and I took a few seconds to think as he suggested and here is his reply: " I can wait for you but I can not wait for you forever"
He also said : " You can give me one answer, you can give me 10 answers, you can give me 25 answers but only the first one will count" - when I tried to correct myself. I almost told him that he can fail me but he doesn't have to be rude and mean.
My second interview went really well - pass with 100 % correct and the officer was an angel - I thanked him at the end and told him that he was helpful and very nice - he deserves it.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Don't know if you are the Mommy or the Daddy, but I'm glad the baby is well. That is the most important part of your story.

From what you have written, I don't see that he was mean or rude. In fact, I would say he was being more than fair and honest with you. Anyway it is water under the bridge and if they didn't say it, I will. "Congratulations"
Believe me Rete, if you were there with me - you would have been agreed - his face and his tone of voice - anyway - I AM A US CITIZEN now !!!
BTW I am the mom and the baby is now 6 months - 19 lbs..cute and chubby
Old Oct 26th 2006, 10:33 pm
Concierge

Believe me Rete, if you were there with me - you would have been agreed - his face and his tone of voice - anyway - I AM A US CITIZEN now !!!
BTW I am the mom and the baby is now 6 months - 19 lbs..cute and chubby

Wow that is great. Boy or girl? My grandson went to his new doctor today (they just moved to a new state) and at 9 months he is 29-1/2 inches and 20 lbs. 6 oz. A middle of the chart baby. Not bad for a preemie.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Wow that is great. Boy or girl? My grandson went to his new doctor today (they just moved to a new state) and at 9 months he is 29-1/2 inches and 20 lbs. 6 oz. A middle of the chart baby. Not bad for a preemie.
A baby girl - she is at 95 percentile -
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:33 pm
Concierge

A baby girl - she is at 95 percentile -

Fantastic.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:14 am
rodeo501 via ImmigrationKB.com

Thanks for the replies. It seems like the delay is variable. Thanks for
correcting me, I actually want to know if i file paperwork with CSC on Feb
22nd. Best case when can I have my citizenship document in hand. I know it
would be a guess

Without Boundaries wrote:
    >> Wow you are the first person I've read of who failed the civics test.
    >> They are so lenient when it comes to the testing and will continue to
    >> ask questions until you get enough right. Just curious how you could
    >> have failed? Did you not read or study the 100 questions they supply?
    >I did study the questions and plan to study more the day before the
    >interview. BUT I had my baby in 04/06 and we had to rush her to ER the
    >day before my interview. We spent the whole day at ER and didn't get
    >home until midnight and my interview was 7.00 the next morning. My mind
    >went blank - worried about my baby - lack of sleep and hungry -
    >postpartum - etc and on the top of that - the officer was a very mean
    >one..( one of the meanest person I have ever met in my life ) was a
    >really bad day for me. I almost had a second thought of becoming a
    >citizen after this terrible experience with the officer.
    >Here is some of the mean words he said to me:
    >" Your mind is not here - think before you answer " Then he asked me a
    >new question and I took a few seconds to think as he suggested and here
    >is his reply: " I can wait for you but I can not wait for you forever"
    >He also said : " You can give me one answer, you can give me 10 answers,
    >you can give me 25 answers but only the first one will count" - when I
    >tried to correct myself. I almost told him that he can fail me but he
    >doesn't have to be rude and mean.
    >My second interview went really well - pass with 100 % correct and the
    >officer was an angel - I thanked him at the end and told him that he was
    >helpful and very nice - he deserves it.

--
http://www.immigrationkb.com/Uwe/For...riage/200611/1