Time Scales???

Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:58 am
Just Joined

avedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really nice
Default Time Scales???

Hi,

I have loads of questions about the immigration process but will start with this one first. I am a naturalised US Citizen and I am in the process of trying to emigrate with my husband and 2 children. My husband and oldest child have already completed the I-130 and we now need to proceed with the DS-230. On receipt of these we found out I was expecting our 2nd child and decided to wait until the birth before proceeding so we could do all 3 together. We are currently awaiting a reply to our 2nd childs I-130.

Upon reciept of this we will proceed with all 3 DS-230. So finally my question: - Can any one advise how long the process is once completed and filed to when your interview will be? I spoke to the embassy and they advise approx 9 months, is this correct? We want our eldest child to take his GCSE before we go and therefore timing is critical.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by avedajunkie; Jul 6th 2008 at 11:07 am.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time Scales???

Well if you are going to ask questions you need to provide the right information up front. Your post is very vague as to the lengths of time for the bits of the process you have already completed or are in the process of.

1) I am assuming that you are all living in the UK at present, is this correct?
2) How long has it been since the two I-130s were approved?
3) How long ago did you submit the third I-130?
4) Please confirm (to within a month or two) what month of which year you would like to move to the US.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

avedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really niceavedajunkie is just really nice

Sorry for the vagueness.

1) Yes I reside in the UK
2) I know I have until Jan 09 to file the first two.
3) June 08
4) June 2010
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avedajunkie
I am a naturalised US Citizen...
When did you naturalize? It's possible that your 2nd child will be a US citizen at birth, in which case there's no paperwork needed for him/her.

Ian
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

I moved out of the US when I was 13. So unfortunately neither of my children automatically qualify for citizenship as I understand it. We came back to the UK in 1986.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avedajunkie
Sorry for the vagueness.

1) Yes I reside in the UK
2) I know I have until Jan 09 to file the first two.
3) June 08
4) June 2010
You started too early really. You want your visas granted early 2010 as you have to use them within 6 months.

I'd let the I-130s "lapse" and re-submit them in the second half of next year.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

That was our fear. We now need to decide if we go next year instead?