Time for Removal of Conditions

Old May 8th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

switiksangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time for Removal of Conditions

It's been a long and trying two years for us since we got to the US. I think the weather in Spain suited my gringo better than the weird weather we've been having in Ohio.

But it's time to file the petition to remove my conditions.

Has anybody else filed with hardly any joint documentation such as bills etc?

Since we got back, DH has been of poor health with a degenerative arthritis minimizing his mobility. Because of that, we have had to rely on his brothers generosity and live in his in-law suite without a renters contract or any bills showing that we pay bills under our name etc.

We do have pay slips that show we live in the same address. We had to file for state medical on which I co-signed even though I know I'm not eligible.
But that's should be one that could show we are together and living in the same house.

Anything that you have submitted that would be uncommon or just not on the suggested list that would work would be appreciated.

I am going to write the cover letter and submit documents that show that through sickness and health , rich or poor we are still together and haven't exactly killed each other yet

I guess I know I have other things that I can submit but need the usual reassurance that this has happened to others before and that it would work.

TIA
Thank you.
Old May 8th 2007, 8:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for Removal of Conditions

don't you have joint tax returns, a car and insurance, credit cards etc in joint name?
Old May 8th 2007, 8:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Some suggestions: Joint tax returns. Any mail that came to your address for each of you (just to show you're both at the same address). Joint bank statements. Joint insurances. A document showing that the spouse is beneficiary of life insurance, investments, etc. A document showing spouse is a dependent on health/dental insurance. A will, showing spouse as beneficiary. Joint credit card statements. Letters and cards addressed to both of you. Joint memberships (clubs, leagues, organizations).
Old May 8th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Some suggestions: Joint tax returns. Any mail that came to your address for each of you (just to show you're both at the same address). Joint bank statements. Joint insurances. A document showing that the spouse is beneficiary of life insurance, investments, etc. A document showing spouse is a dependent on health/dental insurance. A will, showing spouse as beneficiary. Joint credit card statements. Letters and cards addressed to both of you. Joint memberships (clubs, leagues, organizations).
Yes, of course we do have joint tax returns. I can meet other requirement other than joint bills and the like.

We have had to live in my brother in laws in-law suite so there is no contract or utilities. Not having enough cash for rent obviously means no such luxuries as credit cards and memberships etc. I work from home so I dont have insurance and his has run out since he has been put on medical leave. Basically a nightmare come true. If I didnt need current documents, we'd have been fine. I have documents prior to our coming to live in the states that show insurance, health, life, dental and all the works. I dont have anything within the last year so that's what i'm worried about, nothing current .

Car insurance! that's' something I didnt think off, thanks. Anything else.
I did read somewhere about letters and cards, so yes, we have put a couple together.

For some reason i am finding it funny as in my personal opinion, i'd be more wary of things that seem to perfect as no marriage is as perfect as we want the world to thing. And if anyone were still together after hardships, then it was really in good faith.

That's just me and my nervousness everytime we need to deal with the government. I can't wait to file for naturalization and be done with all of this.

thanks for the replies! If you have more Unorthodox suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

All you can do is use what you've got. Submit it, and if USCIS needs more info they'll let you know. If you still don't have what they're asking for (most people seem to get RFE'd for deed or mortgage papers), then respond accordingly. If USCIS still needs something from you, they will set up an interview where you can go in person and explain your situation. I doubt they will deny you without having an interview and give you a chance to explain your lack of documentation.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 8th 2007, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
All you can do is use what you've got. Submit it, and if USCIS needs more info they'll let you know. If you still don't have what they're asking for (most people seem to get RFE'd for deed or mortgage papers), then respond accordingly. If USCIS still needs something from you, they will set up an interview where you can go in person and explain your situation. I doubt they will deny you without having an interview and give you a chance to explain your lack of documentation.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks Rene!
Old May 9th 2007, 12:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by switiksangel
...Not having enough cash for rent obviously means no such luxuries as credit cards.
not obvious really, anyone can get a card pretty much, just don't use it, and everyone needs credit history in the country anyway, so it's a good thing to have, even if it's just a store card for now with both your names on the card.

also title on the car if that is in both names is a good one...any junk mail that you get that's in both your names, mobile phone bills.