Thinking about naturalization

Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking about naturalization

This is the way I see it. The country that supports me i.e. give me
all benefits and access to the country itself, the country where I
make my money, the country where my children may grow up,the country
which will take care of me in my oldage (dont get me started with the
'health care in shambles') and the country that has
welcomed me to come over and stay - I have no problems "Pledging
my Alliance" to that place. I am an Australian Citizen but not born
here. I love my (Australia) country. Not only because its a good
place to live, but all of the above. I had no problems taking that
oath.

Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
This is the way I see it. The country that supports me i.e. give me
all benefits and access to the country itself, the country where I
make my money, the country where my children may grow up,the country
which will take care of me in my oldage (dont get me started with the
'health care in shambles') and the country that has
welcomed me to come over and stay - I have no problems "Pledging
my Alliance" to that place. I am an Australian Citizen but not born
here. I love my (Australia) country. Not only because its a good
place to live, but all of the above. I had no problems taking that
oath.

I guess I look at it more as "the country to which I have paid well over a million dollars in taxes in the 20 years since I first came here 20 years ago" ...

As I said, I don't have a problem with the naturalization oath itself (other than the religious language and the fact that it is called and "oath" rather than a "contract"), but I draw the line at that ridiculous drivel that is the "Pledge of Allegiance".
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

What I am trying to say is, as long as the feeling behind is good, well
apply the 80-20% rule. iF you are happy with 80% of the oath well then
thats it. Its not going to make everyone happy 100 %....

Taxes are a rip off though. Man, Australia is really tax-hungry... and
expensive...
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
As I said, I don't have a problem with the naturalization oath itself (other than the religious language and the fact that it is called and "oath" rather than a "contract"), but I draw the line at that ridiculous drivel that is the "Pledge of Allegiance".
You might not be ready yet then... It's not for everyone.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:51 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

my (now) usc son had his fingers crossed behind his back at that stage of the game, but for me, nope, i'll never spout that ridiculous drivel you call it...a green card is as close as i want to get
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The immediate question, however, is exactly how I should fill out the N-400.
I specifically mentioned the most recent ones I could remember, and then mentioned "100s of short trips over 30+ years". It was never an issue.

Ian