Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Are there cities that process naturalization much faster than other cities?

Are there cities that process naturalization much faster than other cities?

Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:55 am
Greenmilk

Default Are there cities that process naturalization much faster than other cities?

Are there cities that process naturalization much faster than
other cities?

Just asked a friend who recently went through the process. He had
everything in order and still it took just under 17 months, from the day
he filed it until the day of the naturalization ceremory.

I remember reading somewhere about other cities where they have fewer
naturalization filings to process and the process usually take less than
12 months.(or even less)

Can my friend simply move to such a city and start her filing from
there? From another thread I posted, I think she can file on/after
December 1, 2006.

Any suggestion on where I can find out for her which cities have the
shortest processing time?

Thanks!

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there cities that process naturalization much faster than other cities?

Originally Posted by Greenmilk
other cities?

12 months.(or even less)

December 1, 2006.

Thanks!

--
I live in NYC, mine took approx 11 months (Straight forward). People in NJ have reported N400 to Oath Ceronomy 4-5 months, there are other States & or areas which have fast times.
You need to live in a particular place for 3 months before you can file there + you then have to continue to live there.
Reg. Frank R.
http://www.kamya.com/intro/natexp.html
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:36 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there cities that process naturalization much faster than other cities?

other cities?

12 months.(or even less)

December 1, 2006.

Thanks!

--
Get the dates here:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

Look up the processing dates for the district offices and N-400.

Note that they are a guide only and are not particularly accurate on how long an individual applicant may wait. You must live in the state or district for at least 3 months before applying, and you can apply 90 days before your 5 (or 3) years are up.

Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

He had everything in order and still it took just under 17 months, from the day he filed it until the day of the naturalization ceremory.
I went from filing to naturalization in under 6 months! I'd tell you where I live, but I don't want anyone moving here whose only reason is because they are impatient!

Ian
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

deng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to all

I live in Vermont, which has one of the fastest processing times. I applied end of April, had the naturalization ceremony end of September....so around 5 months for me.
Some places are faster then others...though to uproot yourself and your life to a whole different location simply to knock off some months off the naturalization process seems a tad extreme. Also, some places, like Vermont, tend to be faster because there are more cows then people in the whole state. So if you do make the move, choose wisely!

other cities?

12 months.(or even less)

December 1, 2006.

Thanks!

--
Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deng890
I live in Vermont, which has one of the fastest processing times. I applied end of April, had the naturalization ceremony end of September....so around 5 months for me.
Some places are faster then others...though to uproot yourself and your life to a whole different location simply to knock off some months off the naturalization process seems a tad extreme. Also, some places, like Vermont, tend to be faster because there are more cows then people in the whole state. So if you do make the move, choose wisely!

I applied for my I-130 in London 13 months ago, because my wife (US) had only been in the uk for 6 months they wouldnt process it and told us to send it to texas.
Texas then sent it to california because they had a shorter processing time.
12 months later we are still waiting to hear! I have chased it once and they said they would look into it and that i wont hear anything for another 90 days at least.

Meanwhile, my wife has a friend who met her new boyfriend since we have been waiting (shes US but works in belgium) and decided to get engaged. They applied for a k1 4 weeks ago and have had it approved already!!!!!!
They sent their stuff to vermont. BASTARDS