Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Is there anybody answer my question?

Is there anybody answer my question?

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 4:08 pm
Syd

Default Is there anybody answer my question?

My B1/B2 visa(tourist visa)is going to expire end of this month. My question is, even
though it expires soon, I have about 20 days to use my visa from now, is it ok to
enter the states? INS officers at the airport would let me in? I just want to visit
my friend there for a couple of weeks. If anybody know about this matter, I
appreciate answer my question. Thanks!

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 5:52 pm
Stuart Brook

Default Re: Is there anybody answer my question?

Syd wrote:
    > My B1/B2 visa(tourist visa)is going to expire end of this month. My question is,
    > even though it expires soon, I have about 20 days to use my visa from now, is it ok
    > to enter the states? INS officers at the airport would let me in? I just want to
    > visit my friend there for a couple of weeks. If anybody know about this matter, I
    > appreciate answer my question. Thanks!

Nobody might be able to answer your question, but won't. Somebody might answer your
question if he/she is around. Everybody could answer your question, but the list of
replies would be ridiculous. Anybody probably can't answer your question because then
you'd have known the answers yourself.

You are permitted to use the visa to enter the US right up to its expiry date, but
more important is when your passport expires ... it must last a significant period.

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 10:02 pm
Syd

Default Re: Is there anybody answer my question?

Stuart Brook <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:<[email protected] da.ca>...
    > Syd wrote:
    > >
    > > My B1/B2 visa(tourist visa)is going to expire end of this month. My question is,
    > > even though it expires soon, I have about 20 days to use my visa from now, is it
    > > ok to enter the states? INS officers at the airport would let me in? I just want
    > > to visit my friend there for a couple of weeks. If anybody know about this
    > > matter, I appreciate answer my question. Thanks!
    > Nobody might be able to answer your question, but won't. Somebody might answer your
    > question if he/she is around. Everybody could answer your question, but the list of
    > replies would be ridiculous. Anybody probably can't answer your question because
    > then you'd have known the answers yourself.
    > You are permitted to use the visa to enter the US right up to its expiry date, but
    > more important is when your passport expires ... it must last a significant period.

Thanks whoever you are.