Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Theoretical question about EAD and AOS

Theoretical question about EAD and AOS

Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:03 pm
Heading home for X-mas...

Endymion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Theoretical question about EAD and AOS

Hi all!

I have been wondering about a theoretical question (hmmm- well, my timeline will tell you that we have not even got to the point of NOA1 ;-) ...) regarding the whole AOS and EAD procedure... As I will (hopefully) end up living in the Boston area, would I have to file for AOS and EAD in Boston or Vermont? Does anyone have experience in dealing with the Boston BCIS center, btw? Heard a couple of horror stories about VSC so far- so it is time for Boston to catch up!

Good luck to all of you!

Greetings from sunny Germany

Endymion
Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

see my vsc timeline below..before you know it your theoritcal quetsion could be more real....

Lee
Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:51 pm

Originally posted by leebarton
see my vsc timeline below..before you know it your theoritcal quetsion could be more real....

Lee
Wow- let's pray VSC will keep up the speed !!!

Good luck for the rest of your journey!!!
Old Jun 11th 2003, 6:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Theoretical question about EAD and AOS

Originally posted by Endymion
Hi all!

I have been wondering about a theoretical question (hmmm- well, my timeline will tell you that we have not even got to the point of NOA1 ;-) ...) regarding the whole AOS and EAD procedure... As I will (hopefully) end up living in the Boston area, would I have to file for AOS and EAD in Boston or Vermont? Does anyone have experience in dealing with the Boston BCIS center, btw? Heard a couple of horror stories about VSC so far- so it is time for Boston to catch up!

Good luck to all of you!

Endymion
What horror stories about Vermont? No you will not be using them for adjustment of status. You will be using the Boston BCIS. At the beginning of this forum the top post (by me) contains URLS for various experience pages. Go to the one for AOS experiences for interview experiences in Boston. And the AOS filing experience page for filing experiences in Boston.

Rete
Old Jun 11th 2003, 6:35 pm

Originally posted by Rete
What horror stories about Vermont? No you will not be using them for adjustment of status. You will be using the Boston BCIS. At the beginning of this forum the top post (by me) contains URLS for various experience pages. Go to the one for AOS experiences for interview experiences in Boston. And the AOS filing experience page for filing experiences in Boston.

Rete
Great- thank you tons for the info... Regarding Vermont- one of my fiancés colleagues has been in touch with Vermont for a green card issue for years... but this is rather a work related story...

Guess it is time to relax- and to start hunting for the Boston experiences!

Greetings,

Endymion
Old Jun 11th 2003, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Endymion
Hi all!

Good luck to all of you!

Endymion
Hi:

As procedures now stand -- you file in your local BCIS district office where the AOS is filed. If you are living in Massachussets -- then you file in Boston. If you live in Vermont, then your local BCIS district is Portland, Maine. If you live in New Hampshire, you under the Boston District, but there is a sub-office in Manchester. If you live in Rhode Island, you are again under Boston, but there is a sub-office in Providence.

As you will note, there is NO local district office in Vermont. So there is no office in Vermont at which you can file.

However, BCIS is moving over to centralized filing of AOS via Missouri Service Center. You may have to file by mail there by the time you file for AOS.