That's IT No More USCIS

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough
Smile That's IT No More USCIS

My wife was sworn in as a USC today in Orlando Florida, 6 months to the day after mailing in her N400.

A very moving and enjoyable ceremony, followed by a visit to the Clerks Office to apply for her Passport. We are now all USC's so unless we decide to petition for our parents, quite possible, we are now done with UCIS, 12and a half years sice I won the DV lottery.

Thanks to everyone on this board for all your help and answrs over the years, good luck to everyone.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice
Default Re: That's IT No More USCIS

Originally Posted by simon bland
My wife was sworn in as a USC today in Orlando Florida, 6 months to the day after mailing in her N400.

A very moving and enjoyable ceremony, followed by a visit to the Clerks Office to apply for her Passport. We are now all USC's so unless we decide to petition for our parents, quite possible, we are now done with UCIS, 12and a half years sice I won the DV lottery.

Thanks to everyone on this board for all your help and answrs over the years, good luck to everyone.

Good news there, Simon. Congratulations to your wife. I was there too, 3rd row from the front on the far right hand corner. As you say,,a decent ceremony indeed. I too am glad to be done with USCIS and all the hoops I have had to go through, but all's well that ends well. I shall be applying for the passport at my local post office, have already warned them that I am coming. It's a very small PO and they know me well!!.

Good luck to all future applicants

Richard
Old Jul 6th 2006, 2:43 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon bland

Congratulations - im a year and a hal away from starting the whole N400 myself!

Got a Q for you: is there an actual interview at the Oath Ceremony? A friend of mine has his in Columbus next week, and was wondering if they do anything 'immigration' other than the ceremony itself?
Old Jul 6th 2006, 4:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Got a Q for you: is there an actual interview at the Oath Ceremony? A friend of mine has his in Columbus next week, and was wondering if they do anything 'immigration' other than the ceremony itself?
There isn't another interview, but he will be required to update his file if he has been out of the US or if his situation has otherwise changed. It's not an interview though... just an update.

Ian
Old Jul 6th 2006, 5:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Simon!
Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:50 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There isn't another interview, but he will be required to update his file if he has been out of the US or if his situation has otherwise changed. It's not an interview though... just an update.

Ian
Thanks, Ian.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: That's IT No More USCIS

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations Mr & Mrs Simon!
Thanks, it took a long while but it was well worth the wait
Old Sep 16th 2006, 12:20 am
Celticbhoy

> My wife was sworn in as a USC today in Orlando Florida, 6 months to
> the
> day after mailing in her N400.
>
> A very moving and enjoyable ceremony, followed by a visit to the
> Clerks
> Office to apply for her Passport. We are now all USC's so unless we
> decide to petition for our parents, quite possible, we are now done
> with
> UCIS, 12and a half years sice I won the DV lottery.
>
> Thanks to everyone on this board for all your help and answrs over the
> years, good luck to everyone.
>
> --

thats it all over for me as of today at 1.00pm i am a proud citizen
of the USA

--