thankyou so much BE!!! :)

Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default thankyou so much BE!!! :)

So I just got back from the embassy and had my K1 approved, YEY!!

Just want to send a huge thankyou for all those ppl who have helped, answered my mundane questions, and generally relieved my stress! Special thanks must go out to Rene, meaxuana, Ian, rete, Jeff, Mr Folinskyia and all my fellow K1 ers 2008/2009!

For those of you interested my interview experience was definately an anti climax and only lasted a minute, I was quite suprised also by how little evidence they requested compared to the folders I had prepared!

Anyway got to embassy at 9 for 9.30 appointment.
Waited in line for 45 minutes in the rain, without an umbrella!
Got to security and had forgotten to hand my car keys into the chemist down the st so had to run and pay £5 to the chemist to look after them for me.
Came back and was let back into the front of the line (thank god).
Got my argos esq appointment number and sat in front of the screens.
After about an hour got called up, saw a nice English guy who took fingerprints and requested:
> passport
> appointment letter
> birth certificate and copy
> police certificate and copy
> fiancés I-134 and 2007 tax trancript
> co sponsors I-134 and 2007 tax return (didn't have a transcript)

He then told me to pay $131 for the visa and then gave me the courier form to fill in and told me to take a seat again and wait for the number again.

Waited another hour, spent drinking coffee and eating a kit kat.

Called up again, saw really nice lady with blonde curly hair, was the same lady I had seen a year earlier for my j1! She got me to rise my right had and swear I would tell the truth.

Then took finger prints again and asked the following questions:
> how long have me and Joe known each other?
> how did we meet?
> when was I going to go the the US?
> when were we going to get married?
> where in the US would we live?
> would we live with his parents? To this I replied probably until we are married but no way are we living there afterwards at which point she started laughing

Then said my visa had been approved and as soon as they got my medical stuff back tomorrow they would issue it and to go and pay the courier! I said thankyou very much and skipped away

Anyway I was quite suprised that I was asked for no evidence of our relationship, no bank statements, wage slips and only 2007 tax return, wasn't asked for fiancés or his mothers proof of citizenship either, nor anything regarding health insurance, so it was quite an easy experience. I suppose its better to be over prepared than underprepared!

So thanks again everyone, and hopefully I should get my visa by the end of the week!

Sophie

Oh and for everyone who is interested i'm leaving on June 15th (virgin Atlantic sale got me a return london to Chicago flight for £279!) and I am getting married July 10th! And I cannot wait!!

Last edited by yorkieuk; Apr 27th 2009 at 1:17 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

purplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud ofpurplecub has much to be proud of
Default Re: thankyou so much BE!!! :)

Glad it went well for you

Congratulations!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future
Default Re: thankyou so much BE!?

Originally Posted by yorkieuk

Just want to send a huge thankyou for all those ppl who have helped, answered my mundane questions, and generally relieved my stress! Special thanks must go out to Rene, meaxuana, Ian, rete, Jeff, Mr Folinskyia and all my fellow K1 ers 2008/2009!

For those of you interested my interview experience was definately an anti climax and only lasted a minute, I was quite suprised also by how little evidence they requested compared to the folders I had prepared!

Anyway got to embassy at 9 for 9.30 appointment.
Waited in line for 45 minutes in the rain, without an umbrella!
Got to security and had forgotten to hand my car keys into the chemist down the st so had to run and pay £5 to the chemist to look after them for me.
Came back and was let back into the front of the line (thank god).
Got my argos esq appointment number and sat in front of the screens.
After about an hour got called up, saw a nice English guy who took fingerprints and requested:
> passport
> appointment letter
> birth certificate and copy
> police certificate and copy
> fiancés I-134 and 2007 tax trancript
> co sponsors I-134 and 2007 tax return (didn't have a transcript)

He then told me to pay $131 for the visa and then gave me the courier form to fill in and told me to take a seat again and wait for the number again.

Waited another hour, spent drinking coffee and eating a kit kat.

Called up again, saw really nice lady with blonde curly hair, was the same lady I had seen a year earlier for my j1! She got me to rise my right had and swear I would tell the truth.

Then took finger prints again and asked the following questions:
> how long have me and Joe known each other?
> how did we meet?
> when was I going to go the the US?
> when were we going to get married?
> where in the US would we live?
> would we live with his parents? To this I replied probably until we are married but no way are we living there afterwards at which point she started laughing

Then said my visa had been approved and as soon as they got my medical stuff back tomorrow they would issue it and to go and pay the courier! I said thankyou very much and skipped away

Anyway I was quite suprised that I was asked for no evidence of our relationship, no bank statements, wage slips and only 2007 tax return, wasn't asked for fiancés or his mothers proof of citizenship either, nor anything regarding health insurance, so it was quite an easy experience. I suppose its better to be over prepared than underprepared!

So thanks again everyone, and hopefully I should get my visa by the end of the week!

Sophie

Oh and for everyone who is interested i'm leaving on June 15th (virgin Atlantic sale got me a return london to Chicago flight for £279!) and I am getting married July 10th! And I cannot wait!!
Hi Sophie

Congratulations.

We only managed to jump the queue because we had a 22 months old toddler in buggy in the rain.

Definitely, an anticlimax. I had a ring binder full of stuff and only handed over a few papers Oh well, at least we had it in case we were asked.

Excellent price on flight. Enjoy.

Amanda
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thankyou so much BE!?

Woo Hoo !!!!

Congratulations ... another soon-to-be happy reunion.

PS Thanks for the great write-up.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

congrats! I just got a call from courier my passport comes back tomorrow...am i or am i not approved? i'll let you know! (this is more of a climax then the damn interview!)
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Great report! Congratulations!

Ian
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Teira is just really niceTeira is just really niceTeira is just really niceTeira is just really niceTeira is just really niceTeira is just really niceTeira is just really niceTeira is just really nice

Congratulations! Thank you for the good write up it was really interesting to read
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

ajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud of

Congrats!

Really happy for you, and I bet youre really looking forward to your flight now! Although if youre anything like me you hate packing!

Im hoping that my process goes as smoothly as yours!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, chickie!!!
What are you going to DO for a whole 6 weeks now.... (get everyone to take you out for leaving lunches)
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:13 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

YAY YORKIE!!! welcome to america!! where are you coming in at?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:44 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:24 pm
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Sophie!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations, chickie!!!
What are you going to DO for a whole 6 weeks now.... (get everyone to take you out for leaving lunches)
1) lose 20 lbs so I can fit into my dream wedding dress
2) Go on a tour of all my favorite pubs
3) Eat as much cadburys, walkers crisps and fish and chips as possible

... I don't think 2) and 3) are very compatible with 1)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I am so happy, have been jumping up and down all day, Can't believe how quickly it all went....next step AOS
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!

Add to the list: 4) Start filling as much of the AOS forms as possible to get a head start. LOL

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was thinking, can I just use loads of the stuff I gathered up for the interview for the AOS, like all the tax returns etc because intend to file AOS in July.....

Also, when I had my interview I saw my folder and it contained all the junk I sent off with my I-129f , out of curiosity, what happens to that folder now, is it sent back to the US ready for the AOS?

Also, if this is the case I imagine in 3 years time when it comes to the naturalization interview the folder must be HUGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.