Text of immigration reform bill

Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Text of immigration reform bill

The so-called amnesty could be limited to changing the date of Section 245(i). This would allow many to file for AOS through existing channels. Add more visas for the employment based categories, count LPR spouses as IRs, and you have a simple immigration reform package.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 7:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jxv73
The so-called amnesty could be limited to changing the date of Section 245(i). This would allow many to file for AOS through existing channels. Add more visas for the employment based categories, count LPR spouses as IRs, and you have a simple immigration reform package.
There is all sorts of things you could do.

Amnesty is a minimum requirement for most supporters of the current proposals.

Why? That is what I can not get my head around.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 4:21 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I now officially pronounce this legislation dead. It has ceased to be. It is an ex-bill.

With Eric Cantor losing his primary election supposedly in part because of his desire to support immigration reform, I think we can pretty much safely say there is zero chance of any immigration legislation of significant substance making it through Congress any time soon... basically until the Democrats control both houses, and that could be a very long time indeed.

Clearly the Republicans are going to be more worried about primary challengers now rather than upset Hispanic voters.