Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Testing and Interview Phase for N400

Testing and Interview Phase for N400

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

hollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud of
Default Testing and Interview Phase for N400

Hi everyone,

Just on a quick hunt for some info on this stage of the N400 process. I noticed about a week ago that my case had moved into this phase - yay! and I'm so excited.

I was in Virginia or Houston at the time but when I got back to LA on Saturday I rushed to my mailbox hoping to find an interview appointment letter and alas there was none.

On Sunday I left for Canada, where I am at the moment, and I just want to make sure that I don't miss this notice by being out of the country. I think I'l be okay because I should be home about once a week or so to check my mail, but does anyone know how long it would take for me to receive an appointment notice? I'm guessing this will vary based on the office processing your case, is that right?

Also, once the notice arrives, how much notice do they give you for the interview? Would it be a few weeks out? That's my assumption based on the info I've found on this site, but I want to make sure that it's not much less time, because I could be in trouble if I didn't get the notice for a week or two.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I can't believe this is all happening so quickly, but at the same time it's so hard to be patient.

Last edited by hollywoodgirl; Nov 3rd 2009 at 4:52 pm. Reason: Hit "send" to quickly!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Testing and Interview Phase for N400

In our experience here in Phoenix, we got the interview appointment letter about a month before the interview date.

The interview appointment letter arrived about 3 months after filing the N-400.

Rene
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

hollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud ofhollywoodgirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Testing and Interview Phase for N400

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In our experience here in Phoenix, we got the interview appointment letter about a month before the interview date.

The interview appointment letter arrived about 3 months after filing the N-400.

Rene
Thanks so much for your feedback.

Even if I didn't check mail for 2 weeks, I'd hopefully have 2 weeks notice before the appointment. Whatever travel I'd have booked that may coincide with my appointment would 99% be cancelled, unless I absolutely couldn't get out of it. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Hard to plan when I don't know when the interview would be. Good to know I have some time to study though! I got the first 50 on my ipod so I've nailed those, now need to study the other 50.

I applied at the end of September, so if my appointment letter arrived after about 3 months, with a date about a month later, I'd be looking at receiving my letter the end of December, with an interview the end of January. Cutting it a little close, as my green card expires 1/31, but I have no international travel planned, so I'm still holding out to not have to go the I-90 route.

Thanks again Rene!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Default I got my interview letter!!!

Just wanted to give a quick update and let you know that I got my letter today (11/6/2009) it was dated Monday (11/2) and my appointment is going to be on the 23rd of December. I cannot wait!
So far away from now, but at least there is very little chance that I'll be traveling for work right before Christmas. In my line of work, we steer clear of doing projects right next to holidays.

*yay*