Tax Returns for I-864

Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:37 am
Banned

Egyptien51182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax Returns for I-864

Hi all,

The person who accepted to be my joint sponsor only have the tax returns of the last year. Is that enough?

I read on the form that the tax return of the 3 most recent years are optional.

Pls advice.

Thanks
Adam
Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Returns for I-864

Originally Posted by Egyptien51182
Hi all,

The person who accepted to be my joint sponsor only have the tax returns of the last year. Is that enough?

I read on the form that the tax return of the 3 most recent years are optional.

Pls advice.

Thanks
Adam
It probably depends on why he doesn't have tax returns for all 3 years. Usually, for visa purposes, 3 years of tax returns are required.

Why doesn't he have the other 2 tax returns? Was he not required to file for some reason? Was his income too low those years to warrant filing a return?

Rene
Old Oct 17th 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

if they are just lost you could get your joint sponsor to call the irs and request tax return transcripts for the last 3 years for free
Old Oct 19th 2009, 3:31 am
Banned

Thanks for your reply.

In fact I don't know what's the reason for not having the tax returns for the last 3 years.

does anyone know if the I-864 with 1 year tax return could be accepted or not from your experience?

Thanks
Adam
Old Oct 19th 2009, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.

In fact I don't know what's the reason for not having the tax returns for the last 3 years.

does anyone know if the I-864 with 1 year tax return could be accepted or not from your experience?

Thanks
Adam
I wouldnt risk it, Its such a big time waste if you get an RFE.

This is the website you need:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...110571,00.html
Old Oct 19th 2009, 3:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
Adam
If you were in the UK, I'd say MAYBE. But if you are in Egypt, I'd say NO. You probably should take all 3 years, or at least an explanation of why he does not have all 3 years available.

Rene
Old Oct 19th 2009, 6:33 am
Banned

Thanks PespsiChic for the link, I will fw it to the sponsor to check it since I am not aware how it works.

Thanks Rene, I got your point.

I heard that there are lawyers in the US who could offer to be a joint sponsor by paying them, Do you know anything about it? is it legal or not ?

Thanks
Adam
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that there are lawyers in the US who could offer to be a joint sponsor by paying them...
It's probably legal, but I doubt it's true.

Ian
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:21 pm

I heard that there are lawyers in the US who could offer to be a joint sponsor by paying them, Do you know anything about it? is it legal or not ?
Anyone can be a Joint Sponsor, as long as they are a USC or US PR, age 18 or over, and they earn the right level of income. I suppose if you pay someone enough, they would do it, even if you're a stranger to them, but I doubt it. I personally can't see a lawyer doing something like that, but who knows. I've never heard of it.

All you have to do is ask your joint sponsor why he didn't file 3 years of tax returns. The answer is easy...either he was required to and didn't want to, or he didn't earn enough to be required to.

Rene
Old Oct 19th 2009, 4:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
Adam
The answer to that very likely depends on the reasons he doesn't have the previous returns.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 4:31 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

E,

Interesting thought. A lot more sensible than some of the financial products the Wall Street bonus boys invented. A lawyer who's researched how often sponsors and joint sponsors have been successfully sued to meet their I-864 obligations probably could determine a price that would cover the risk.

I wonder if the income from the sale of such a financial product could be used to fund an ever-increasing pool of jointly sponsored immigrants?

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 19th 2009, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
E,

Interesting thought. A lot more sensible than some of the financial products the Wall Street bonus boys invented. A lawyer who's researched how often sponsors and joint sponsors have been successfully sued to meet their I-864 obligations probably could determine a price that would cover the risk.

I wonder if the income from the sale of such a financial product could be used to fund an ever-increasing pool of jointly sponsored immigrants?

Regards, JEff
If someone has enough money to pay someone to be a joint sponsor, it seems they would have enough money to use as an asset. I'm pretty sure it would be an expensive purchase!

Rene