Success: Norfolk AOS interview

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Kkwaterman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Success: Norfolk AOS interview

Hi.

I don't think many folks are processing through the Norfolk, VA office, but my UK husband and I had a very easy AOS interview yesterday and got our stamp. His green card should be here in 6-9 months (or so our interviewer thought.) I have really profited from hearing other people's experiences, so here's ours

The only big headache is that we had to wait for two hour past our scheduled interview time, but that's not to bad. All in all, the experience was pretty anti-climatic. Our interviewer was very gruff and serious in the beginning. She then asked my husband each of the questions on that silly form that he filled in at some point, the ones that asked "Were you a member of the communist party? Do you believe in overthrow of the government? Did you ever commit any crimes you were not arrested for? Are you a pyligamist? Do you have any other children... anywhere?"

The she asked how we met, asked for updated financial information (I had to submit a new I-864 with my present job info.), copies of our 2002 tax forms and W-2s, and then she asked for "proof of our common life." We had a ton of stuff and pics. After a while of me going through all our stuff, she relaxed considerably and stopped me and said, "I think that's enough stuff."

She stamped my husband's passport, gave us a form letter indicating we had been approved and that his green card would be in the mail. She did NOT ask any information about the I-693 medical which we did not redo after my husband's orignial K1 medical in London. We did not have a rental agreement with both our names and she didn't say anything about that.

Again, very anticlimatic. And that stamp in his passport looks mighty fake. Our interviewer did mention, though, that she really wasn't sure in two years where we would have to file to get the conditinal residency removed. She said that there were all kinds of rumors about how the locations where residency applications are processed might be changing in the future.

Sigh. Now we have almost two-BCIS free years to look forward to.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Kiwaberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Success: Norfolk AOS interview

Congratulations on the ease of residency ;-)

I'm going to be a nag and ask that you post this experience on the NG's AOS interview page. It would be a big help to others using the Norfolk, VA office in the future. Particularly, since not too many posters do and the lone poster is lost without someone with actual experience to guide the way.

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

Thanks so much

Rete

Originally posted by Kkwaterman
Hi.

I don't think many folks are processing through the Norfolk, VA office, but my UK husband and I had a very easy AOS interview yesterday and got our stamp. His green card should be here in 6-9 months (or so our interviewer thought.) I have really profited from hearing other people's experiences, so here's ours

The only big headache is that we had to wait for two hour past our scheduled interview time, but that's not to bad. All in all, the experience was pretty anti-climatic. Our interviewer was very gruff and serious in the beginning. She then asked my husband each of the questions on that silly form that he filled in at some point, the ones that asked "Were you a member of the communist party? Do you believe in overthrow of the government? Did you ever commit any crimes you were not arrested for? Are you a pyligamist? Do you have any other children... anywhere?"

The she asked how we met, asked for updated financial information (I had to submit a new I-864 with my present job info.), copies of our 2002 tax forms and W-2s, and then she asked for "proof of our common life." We had a ton of stuff and pics. After a while of me going through all our stuff, she relaxed considerably and stopped me and said, "I think that's enough stuff."

She stamped my husband's passport, gave us a form letter indicating we had been approved and that his green card would be in the mail. She did NOT ask any information about the I-693 medical which we did not redo after my husband's orignial K1 medical in London. We did not have a rental agreement with both our names and she didn't say anything about that.

Again, very anticlimatic. And that stamp in his passport looks mighty fake. Our interviewer did mention, though, that she really wasn't sure in two years where we would have to file to get the conditinal residency removed. She said that there were all kinds of rumors about how the locations where residency applications are processed might be changing in the future.

Sigh. Now we have almost two-BCIS free years to look forward to.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 7:55 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Success: Norfolk AOS interview

Originally posted by Kkwaterman
Congratulations!! I'm one of those "lone posters" who will benefit from hearing your experience, as we'll be going through Norfolk eventually! (But you already knew that! LOL)

I really hope you have the opportunity to post your experience as Rete said, perhaps with a bit more detail (although it does seem pretty straightforward from what you've already described). I'm particularly interested in the updated I-864 you submitted, as we'll have to do the same thing.

Did you already get a tax transcript of your 2002 return? Or did you submit something else in its place?

Again, wonderful news..... Nice to hear that despite the gruff interviewer, it seems like a relatively smooth experience. Enjoy your BCIS-free vacation!!

~ Jenney