student visa denied

Old Apr 18th 2001, 10:56 pm
zeen

hi

i have applied to an american college , they admit me . Teh i went to the american
embassy with my i20 but the counselor denied me visa by saying that " i am not a
bonafied student " . Has this happened to any other person her in this message board.
how should i convince the visa counselor that i am a genuine and bona fide student.

any help will be appreciated .

sincerely zeen.

Old Apr 19th 2001, 7:37 pm
Ammalgam

I had this happen to me a long time ago. It's hard to respond to you because there
are several factors that you did not state in your post (financial status, family in
US, ties to home country, country of origin etc..) I would say to you that if you
feel you were unjustly denied, there are 2 ways to appeal. Firstly, through the
formal appeals process at the embassy and 2) if you have family in the US that are
citizens or green card holders, have them write their congressmen and senators and
vouch for you. If your family members cause enough commotion, embassies have been
known to change their minds and grant appeals.

-Ammalgam

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
person
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >