Still no NOA#1 from VSC!

Old Jun 24th 2002, 7:20 pm
Marieta

Default Still no NOA#1 from VSC!

USC mailed out the I-129F package to Vermont on June 12 (13 days ago) and we still
haven't heard from them. (He's out to sea (Navy) so it probably takes a couple of
days longer for the package to arrive, but anyway...) I am wondering, because I have
seen others getting the 1st NOA rather quickly. He is using his uncle's address for
the INS. How long should we wait until getting worried, and what should we do in case
we don't hear from them?

Old Jun 24th 2002, 7:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still no NOA#1 from VSC!

Has the check been cashed? Has the uncle been careful when checking the mail? Does the post office know to deliver a letter to that address if the name is not the same as the person(s) living there? Did he put down for it to be addressed in c/o?

Without a case number or alien number it is difficult to check. If you had a cancelled check, that would help. And unfortunately, you can't call Vermont, only the USC can.

Rete
Old Jun 25th 2002, 12:20 pm
Marieta

Default Re: Still no NOA#1 from VSC!

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Has the check been cashed?

We don't know until he's on the boat.

> Has the uncle been careful when checking the mail?

Why... do they tend to HIDE the NOAs? He is expecting it, so I guess he's been
checking the mail regularly.

> Does the post office know to deliver a letter to that address if the name is not
    > the same as the person(s) living there?

The name is the same.

> Did he put down for it to be addressed in c/o?

I don't think that he specifically stated in C/O. But if something is wrong they
should let us know anyway, I would think.

> Without a case number or alien number it is difficult to check. If you had a
    > cancelled check, that would help. And unfortunately, you can't call Vermont, only
    > the USC can.

So you're basically saying that he calls them and asks... I heard it's hard to get
through with calling the Service Center. It's kinda shitty with him out to sea right
now... Both, communication and taking care of these things. We were extra careful to
do everything by the book, but it makes everything more confusing. I thought that
getting the 1st NOA is a routine thing and that eventual problems are to arise after
that. I guess we'll see... I'm not panicking yet & I'll keep you posted.