staying in U.S.A.

Old Feb 18th 2001, 5:40 am
Whitebox

I got question, here is my case. I do have green card and next year in October I going to
apply for citizenship, I got girlfriend she lives in Germany we are going to get married
this year. How can I bring her to U.S.A.? Can she come to U.S.A. as tourist then get
married with me and stay? Can I send her fiancée visas then get married? Please give me
any information how can I bring her to U.S.A. We are living for more then two years apart
I went two times to Germany to visit her and she also came to U.S.A. two times to see me I
would be very happy about A.S.A.P. e-mail from You. My E-Mail is [email protected]
Sincerely,

Palmino Hodzic

Old Feb 18th 2001, 9:24 am
Alvena Ferreira

Whitebox wrote:
> I got question, here is my case. I do have green card and next year in October I going
> to apply for citizenship, I got girlfriend she lives in Germany we are going to get
> married this year. How can I bring her to U.S.A.? Can she come to U.S.A. as tourist then
> get married with me and stay? Can I send her fiancée visas then get married? Please give
> me any information how can I bring her to U.S.A. We are living for more then two years
> apart I went two times to Germany to visit her and she also came to U.S.A. two times to
> see me I would be very happy about A.S.A.P. e-mail from You. My E-Mail is
> [email protected]

As a resident, you would file an I-130 with the service center after the marriage, however
bear in mind, this will take 4-5 years to process because these are on a limited number
each year and there are huge backlogs. She would have to stay in Germany until it
processed or until she had been waiting 3 years, at which time she would be eligible for a
V visa to enter the US.

You are not eligible for a fiance visa. Once you get citizenship, however, you could
notify the service center of that and your I-130 would bump up to citizen status, which
would mean immediate processing. So after you got your citizenship, everything would
process in a matter of a few months.

IF she has a college education, she might more easily gain legal status in the US via some
other kind of visa, such as work visa...as long as she had a way to maintain legal status
in the US, you could marry and file the I-130 and she could continue on her work visa
until that processed. This would be your quickest alternative, if she could get a work
visa, because she would have to have a way to maintain status while she awaited the
processing of the I-130.

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

Old May 28th 2001, 8:49 am
Rob

[usenetquote2]>> I got question, here is my case. I do have green card and next year in October I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> going to apply for citizenship, I got girlfriend she lives in Germany we are going[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> to get married this year. How can I bring her to U.S.A.? Can she come to U.S.A. as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> tourist then get married with me and stay? Can I send her fiancée visas then get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> married? Please give me any information how can I bring her to U.S.A. We are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> living for more then two years apart I went two times to Germany to visit her and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> she also came to U.S.A. two times to see me I would be very happy about A.S.A.P.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> e-mail from You. My E-Mail is [email protected][/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >