Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

start of process, time length till receipt (I130)

start of process, time length till receipt (I130)

Old Apr 30th 2004, 5:15 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Default start of process, time length till receipt (I130)

we have just filed our I130 (through DCF method) - we sent this off on the 26th April - how long should i expect to wait before i receive any type of acknowledgement - something to let me know they actualy recieved it and the process has started?

i have been checking my credit card bill online and havent noticed them take the money out which i assumed would be the first sign? - i know it probably varys but any rough idea as to how long?? - i will feel so much happier when i know its finaly started!! - especialy after watching that program about the royal mail on channel 4 last night and all the lost mail lol

Anthony
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Susanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: start of process, time length till receipt (I130)

Originally posted by antjen
we have just filed our I130 (through DCF method) - we sent this off on the 26th April - how long should i expect to wait before i receive any type of acknowledgement - something to let me know they actualy recieved it and the process has started?

i have been checking my credit card bill online and havent noticed them take the money out which i assumed would be the first sign? - i know it probably varys but any rough idea as to how long?? - i will feel so much happier when i know its finaly started!! - especialy after watching that program about the royal mail on channel 4 last night and all the lost mail lol

Anthony
Hi Anthony
I was no aware that you could pay by C/C?maybe UK different?
Did you send it registered mail? you could then check online if it got there. or call the Post Office>
Old May 1st 2004, 9:02 am
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, if it's any help, I posted mine on the 11th April and the credit card was charged 19th but I still haven't heard anything from the embassy. I guess you should see yours charged any time soon but bearing in mind the bank holiday weekend, it could be Tuesday / Wednesday now.

Mark

Originally posted by antjen

Anthony
Old May 1st 2004, 2:52 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mstracy
Well, if it's any help, I posted mine on the 11th April and the credit card was charged 19th but I still haven't heard anything from the embassy. I guess you should see yours charged any time soon but bearing in mind the bank holiday weekend, it could be Tuesday / Wednesday now.

Mark
yeah just noticed today my cc has been charged, will feel much happier when i recieve some sort of confirmation/paperwork from the embassy - is there anyone who has been through this part who could shed some light on how long it takes before u generealy here anything??

Ant
Old May 1st 2004, 5:45 pm
Roland Perry

In message <[email protected]>, antjen
<member7684@british_expats.com> writes
    >is there
    >anyone who has been through this part who could shed some light on how
    >long it takes before u generealy here anything??

Took 7 weeks to get approval of the first stage.
--
Roland Perry