Son Stuck in UK

Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Son Stuck in UK

Originally Posted by gunnerz
Wow
Some very cutting remarks on here about out situation and my personally 'bloody stupid'
Well, thanks for your help.
I94 was about to expire.
Birth cert passport and visa lost.
Considered i94 exemption but no visa or passport to copy.
Didn't want him to over stay.
Hind slight is a wonderful thing obviously not as blessed as you guys. Thank you for my introduction to your site
Yet you attempted to bring him back to the US on an ESTA/VWP, which is clearly illegal. That doesn require hind sight, it just requires recognition that there are inflexible immigration laws in the US, and attempting to circumvent them isn't smart.

Sorry if our blunt style offended you, but you're getting free advice from people who probably have better things to do than make our advice all pretty and fluffy to give you a warm feeling. In deed I have better things I could be doing, period [Mrs P keeps telling me as much! ), and your ungratefulness for free advice is unattractive.

Now if you could answer the various questions people posed we might be able to give you further (free) advice.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 8th 2015 at 3:34 am.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow
Some very cutting remarks on here about out situation and my personally 'bloody stupid'
Well, thanks for your help.
I94 was about to expire.
Birth cert passport and visa lost.
Considered i94 exemption but no visa or passport to copy.
Didn't want him to over stay.
Hind slight is a wonderful thing obviously not as blessed as you guys. Thank you for my introduction to your site
Sorry. Some people are blunt to the point of offensiveness on here. I don't think anyone has been rude, other than maybe Ian, and I'd hoped you realised he might be like that from reading the site before posting.

If you answer the questions we asked, it might allow us to help you.

I guess that might be the hindsight you're referring to, but UK birth certificates and passports can both be ordered from abroad.

What visa were you expecting him to use to re-enter the US? Did you expect them to just look up his E-2 dependent visa on the system?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

OP said he was seeking entry on VWP and only adjustment possible would be through marriage.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:36 am
Just Joined

gunnerz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yet you attempted to bring him back to the US on an ESTA/VWP, which is clearly illegal. That doesn require hind sight, it just requires recognition that there are inflexible immigration laws in the US, and attempting to circumvent them isn't smart.

Sorry if our blunt style offended you, but you're getting free advice from people who probably have better things to do that make our advice all pretty and fluffy to give you a warm feeling. In deed I have better things I could be doing, period [Mrs P keeps telling me as much! ), and your ungratefulness for free advice is unattractive.
I understand your point and by no means want to seem ungrateful.
But rather than tell me what a bloody idiot I am maybe give me some insight on what I should have done and where I go from here.
Kicking me while I'm done and then expect me to say thank you just doesn't fly
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that's the case. The first post reads like the son wasn't registered in ESTA until after he first tried to fly, suggesting that wasn't the intention. But what visa was supposed to be used, I still don't understand.
Account Closed

Welll or change of status.
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boiler
OP said he was seeking entry on VWP and only adjustment possible would be through marriage.
Wrong thread, yet again?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:38 am
Account Closed

Nope
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:40 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Owen778
I'm not sure that's the case. The first post reads like the son wasn't registered in ESTA until after he first tried to fly, suggesting that wasn't the intention. But what visa was supposed to be used, I still don't understand.
If the son didn't have a US passport or visa to enter the US, how would he even be allowed on the plane if he hadn't completed an ESTA?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:46 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

If the son didn't have a US passport or visa to enter the US, how would he even be allowed on the plane if he hadn't completed an ESTA?
it seems like he did not get on a plane:

"I spoke to an immigration officer there at the airport and he said even though they believe his story they could not let him fly. He even had a photo copy of his visa."
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Agreed. But the OP has obviously made some wrong assumptions about US immigration. That may include assuming that the son can enter the US using a lost visa. Or something else.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Nope
Er, OK. I think I see where you're going, but it's not the question the OP asked at all.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:53 am
Account Closed

He was seeking entry using the VWP. No mention of any other route.

He may well have only had a one way ticket.

VWP means he has to leave within 90 days anyway.

OP suggested he wanted to come back as an E2 but has no visa to do so. He could not change to E2 status from the VWP.

So what was the plan?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

He was seeking entry using the VWP. No mention of any other route.

He may well have only had a one way ticket.

VWP means he has to leave within 90 days anyway.

OP suggested he wanted to come back as an E2 but has no visa to do so. He could not change to E2 status from the VWP.

So what was the plan?
Good question, that's what we're all trying to work out so we can help.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 4:10 am
Account Closed

I understand your point and by no means want to seem ungrateful.
But rather than tell me what a bloody idiot I am maybe give me some insight on what I should have done and where I go from here.
Kicking me while I'm done and then expect me to say thank you just doesn't fly
I do not think my posts fall into that category, I think most of us are just confused as we do not understand what you are trying to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.