Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Some questions for those dealing with South American Countries (packet 3)

Some questions for those dealing with South American Countries (packet 3)

Old Sep 16th 2001, 3:26 pm
Tbc

Hi again All! Great news! My fiancé got her Packet 3 yesterday in her mail from the
consulate in Lima! We're both sooo happy as you can imagine. we have everything
ready except for her Medical exam. If I'm correct, Now all she needs to do is send
the Checklist and the Biographical Data sheets to them right? I will be there in one
week do you think they will let me Physically turn in the papers? Everything else
goes with us to the interview correct? Can she physically bring the Checklist and
Bio sheets to the Embassy and hand the papers to an officer? If so, must she wait in
Line on the Long line or can she go to the American side with her approval notice?
The affidavit of support goes with us to the interview right? Also should I buy a
one way airline ticket or round trip? On the Checklist I downloaded in Packet 3 it's
in English and soes not have A medical listed as one of the things she must complete
before she turns in the cheklist. She recieved one in Spanish that has a Medical
Exam Listed on the Checklist as if she must complete that first? Does she need the
Medical first? Thanks for all your help! Sincerely, Terry Nolan (Florida) and Betty
Perez (Lima)

Old Sep 17th 2001, 12:08 am
Jason

Terry,

My Fiancee lives in Lima as well. I am still in the process of putting together the
I-129F form and other things right now, so I'm at the first step as you can see. I
was wondering if you could tell me what your timeline has been like so far. How long
did it take for you petition to get approved? How long did it take for them to send
everything down to the consulate in Lima? How has your/her experience(s) been so far
in dealing with the consulate there? One other thing...when you filled in Betty's
name on your forms, did you put a hyphen between both of her last names? Like for
example PEREZ-ALVAREZ or would you fill it in PEREZ ALVAREZ, or does it matter?

As far as your questions go, the only one I can really answer is, yes you need to
take the affidavit of support to the interview with you, that is very important.

Thank you in advance for your help. I hope we can be of help to each other in the
future seeing that we are both dealing with the same consulate here. Best of luck to
you and your Fiancee!!!

Jason

Old Sep 17th 2001, 11:37 am
Tbc

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi Jason... here's my timeline...

TSC Recieved Date May 31, 2001 1st NOA June 4, 2001 Approved September 4, 2001 I
still have not gotten my approval in the mail but yersterday My fiance recieved the
Packet at her door saying that it was approved in Texas and now she just needs ot
fill out all the other paperwork in packet 3 Checklist.. once you get your first NOA
which should take around 10 days after they recieve your I129, have her start getting
all of her things from the checklist already. the only thing that has an expiration
Date is the police report but it's good for 90 days and you can always get another if
it runs out.

I have not dealt with the Embassy in Lima yet but I will on Friday. I'm going back to
visit her for the 4th time.. It only took us 14 days for the Packet 3 to be delivered
to her door in Lima so now we are in the Process of trying to get an interview date.
Go to the link below to find out a Lot about this process... Stay in touch and good
luck to you and yours also Terry.

http://www.eibnet.org/fianceevisa.htm