Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Some NSC news to share, but not good.

Some NSC news to share, but not good.

Old Sep 18th 2002, 11:47 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some NSC news to share, but not good.

Originally posted by L S Jones:

What I sent to the IRS:

<snip>

I simply can't wait to see what I did wrong.
I hope you sent everything to the *INS* ;D
Hang in there.

mca
Old Sep 18th 2002, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

leszke.1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, mca, for your advice on my thought on what you have to send with the I-129F - I guess I did go a wee bit overboard there. I just don't want anything to go wrong when I eventually get the length of applying for it.

Oh, and yes.........we are ALL hanging in there. It's all we can do, right fellows??
Only.......I'm finding it harder than most........ :'-(

Kaz.

Originally posted by mca:

Hang in there.

mca
Old Sep 19th 2002, 12:39 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

I read a post a while back, I think it was one of Matt's reports on CSC. The adjudication Officers have to read each and every piece that goes in with the petition. Why send them War and Peace when they only need the Reader's Digest version?

-Don H
Old Sep 19th 2002, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point

Let us know when you get the RFE, because I would really like to know the reason why. Seems to me that the proofs you sent were good enough.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

L S Jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leszke.1:
Hi friend -

Hope we're still friends, I feel for your heartbreaking situation - you WILL get there - I get feelings about these things and yours is a good one!!!!

Hope you can take my advice as constructive,

Kaz. -xxx-

No problem at all, since I think you have a basic misunderstanding about what the I-129F is about. I am not required to prove the depth of my Love. Just that we are eligible to marry, that I am a US citizen, and that we have met at least once in the last two years. Much more than that is overkill, in my opinion.

Thanks for your kind thoughts in any case and I wish you the best of luck as well.

LSJ
Old Sep 19th 2002, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mca:

Hang in there.

mca
Ha ha ha! The funny part is that I had to deal with the IRS to do the Affidavite of Support. I called and got an agent on the phone within three rings. I made my request for back tax documents and was politely told it was no problem and they would send them right out. The requested documents were in my mailbox in less than 5 days, AND IT WAS FREE!!!

This was the "dreaded" IRS. The *&^#$'s at the INS could take a few lessons from the IRS.

LSJ
Old Sep 19th 2002, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Karib:
Let us know when you get the RFE, because I would really like to know the reason why. Seems to me that the proofs you sent were good enough.
I will. I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow or the next day. Of course this is the INS I'm dealing with.

I can only surmise that I made an error on the form itself, though I did find an attorney who would review it with out charging me $1500 for all the work I had already done. It took me two weeks to find one who would do only what I wanted. What a racket! This fellow was an immigrant himself and understood the plight, so to speak. But any errors are mine and not his.

After 48 hours and the kind words of encouragement from the newsgroup, I am ready to persevere. I'd rather try to out-stubborn a bureaucrat than a cat any day.

LSJ
Old Sep 19th 2002, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

leszke.1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey again,

Yeah I think I may have thought that you basically had to justify your entire relationship in one envelope!!!! Ooops.......oh well if that's the case then at least when it comes to us applying for it - we should pass with flying colours!!!!

Thanks for wishing me luck........I am having trouble (or am anticipating it) travelling on the Visa Waiver next time I want to go and visit - but I can't stay away from him - help!!! This system is terrible...........

Kaz.

No problem at all, since I think you have a basic misunderstanding about what the I-129F is about. I am not required to prove the depth of my Love. Just that we are eligible to marry, that I am a US citizen, and that we have met at least once in the last two years. Much more than that is overkill, in my opinion.

Thanks for your kind thoughts in any case and I wish you the best of luck as well.

LSJ
Old Sep 20th 2002, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Karib:
Well folks, I got the letter from the INS today. It is an RFE (Request for Evidence)

The important part says:

"The documentation submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of your petition/application.
The following information is required:

Submit evidence of the legal termination of the marriage of LSJ and Ex-Wife from Hell, which has been registered
with the proper civil authorities (Divorce decree, death certificate, etc.) "

They don't think I have proved that I am divorced!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!! :-)
This is actually pretty funny, now.

I have until Dec. 6th to submit the evidence. It will go out tomorrow.

Here is what I think happened. I had to send away to the State Archives to get official certified copies of the
divorce papers. These consisted of a cover sheet from the State Archive with a very official looking gold seal, a copy
of the decree (1 sheet) and the final settlement (12 pages), each and every one embossed with an official seal.
What I sent in were copies of the Archive cover page, and the 1 page decree.

Well the weird part is that the actual decree has a place for each parties lawyer to sign, and on it, the place where
mine should have signed is blank. I don't recollect why that is, but that must be why the INS kicked it back.

So what I will do is send them all 1 pages of the divorce agreement and then we should be OK,
though I hate the delay.

This is extra funny, because I had to send away to Lincoln Nebraska to get the official divorce copy and the INS
Nebraska Service Center is in.......LINCOLN NEBRASKA!!!

ARRGGGG!!!!

Oh, and just to serve as a warning to everyone reading this, the RFE is dated Friday the 13th !!
Old Sep 20th 2002, 2:52 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks, I got the letter from the INS today. It is an RFE (Request for Evidence)

The important part says:

"The documentation submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of your petition/application.
The following information is required:

Submit evidence of the legal termination of the marriage of LSJ and Ex-Wife from Hell, which has been registered
with the proper civil authorities (Divorce decree, death certificate, etc.) "

They don't think I have proved that I am divorced!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!! :-)
This is actually pretty funny, now.

I have until Dec. 6th to submit the evidence. It will go out tomorrow.

Here is what I think happened. I had to send away to the State Archives to get official certified copies of the
divorce papers. These consisted of a cover sheet from the State Archive with a very official looking gold seal, a copy
of the decree (1 sheet) and the final settlement (12 pages), each and every one embossed with an official seal.
What I sent in were copies of the Archive cover page, and the 1 page decree.

Well the weird part is that the actual decree has a place for each parties lawyer to sign, and on it, the place where
mine should have signed is blank. I don't recollect why that is, but that must be why the INS kicked it back.

So what I will do is send them all 1 pages of the divorce agreement and then we should be OK,
though I hate the delay.

This is extra funny, because I had to send away to Lincoln Nebraska to get the official divorce copy and the INS
Nebraska Service Center is in.......LINCOLN NEBRASKA!!!

ARRGGGG!!!!

Oh, and just to serve as a warning to everyone reading this, the RFE is dated Friday the 13th !!
Hi LS,
Well, thank you for letting us know what the RFE was all about....I'll have to make sure of this type of documenting when I file and this is certainly helpful information! I guess it's luck that that was all it was. Now you can rest assured that things will go smoothly! My thoughts are with you!
SecretGarden