Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Some Current Info on Chicago Office Time Lines

Some Current Info on Chicago Office Time Lines

Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:08 pm
-Morgan

Default Some Current Info on Chicago Office Time Lines

My wife (entered the US on a K-1 fiancee Visa) and I (USC) filed an adjustment of status
(I-485) via certified mail on July 27th. We would have sent it in earlier, but we got our copy of
the marriage certificate on July 26th. We are in the jurisdiction of the Chicago office.

We still have not receieved a letter of receipt from the USCIS, but they cashed our check on
August 30th. I would guess the letter of receipt and appointement date will arrive in about
two weeks. First time I ever remember being happy to see my check being cashed. I was
starting to have anxious thoughts about resolving a lost set of forms.

Also - Rene, thank you for your timely and accurate information.

Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Current Info on Chicago Office Time Lines

You're welcome. Give it time, there's been a rush of applications filed just before July 30 which is slowing everything down.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Current Info on Chicago Office Time Lines

Originally Posted by -Morgan
We still have not receieved a letter of receipt from the USCIS, but they cashed our check on August 30th. I would guess the letter of receipt and appointement date will arrive in about two weeks. First time I ever remember being happy to see my check being cashed. I was
starting to have anxious thoughts about resolving a lost set of forms.

Updated 8/24/07
USCIS ISSUES SERVICE CENTER AND LOCKBOX RECEIPTING UPDATE
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...imes082407.pdf

These bulletins are available from the 'Press Room' link at the top of uscis.gov

"USCIS would also like to remind the public to wait at least 14 days from the dates indicated above for their receipt notice to arrive in the mail before inquiring."
(see chart at link)