So my car is broke already!!

Old Sep 28th 2008, 1:14 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default So my car is broke already!!

Yup - I have driven it once!!

apparantly 2 of the cylinders are misfiring, the brakes are dodgy and there is oil all over the place.

This of course means nothing to me.......

She is going to VW hospital tomorrw and they better get it fixed because I need to learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 1:20 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So my car is broke already!!

Originally Posted by mellybrown

apparantly 2 of the cylinders are misfiring, the brakes are dodgy and there is oil all over the place.

She is going to VW hospital tomorrw and they better get it fixed because I need to learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once must of missed your story about the car, how old is it and did it have no warranty, did a mechanic not look it over!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear that Mel. I'm sure they'll get it fixed in no time
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:09 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

If you're buying used, for a good deal, buy privately. But even if you don't, always stump up a $100 or so and get the vehicle checked out by someone like Car Checkers of America. They do a thorough inspection of the car, can detect chassis damage, test the electrical system, check engine compression, brakes etc, etc.
Money well spent. Then they give you a form for your car telling you what needs doing and tells you what the car is worth. You can use the form in negotiating with the seller.

Melly, I hope you're not taking it to a VW dealer. Find a private mechanic who works on Euro models. Do *not* let any VW-USA dealer work on your car.
Just a friendly warning.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

That's crap Melly. I just looked up Georgia's lemon law and apparently it only protects you if you buy a new car, not a used one.

Like the others asked, did you have an independent mechanic look at it before you bought it?

I hope all works out. I used to have a Beetle and had nothing but problems with it, but my hope is that they have gotten better since I had mine (it was when they were new).
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:39 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

we got it from a nissan dealer 1 week ago today!!!! no we didnt get it looked over because we are stupid and have never bought used from a dealer before...so our own fault i guess.

Its going to an independant vw mechanic - not a dealer! Hopefully it isnt going to cost me a lot!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:18 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Melly,

Good news on the independent VW mechanic.

Before you take it to him though, I believe you have 30 days to take it back to the dealer and demand that they fix it.

Every state is different but I'll bet dollars to whatever the saying is that they have an obligation to fix it at no cost to you for 30 days.

Don't let them **** you around. If they say they are replacing parts, demand to see the replaced parts. I've seen it over and over - if you're a woman or a guy not familiar with cars or, more importantly, don't seem auto-savvy, they'll rip you off.

Go in there strong and assertive. If they mess you around, be loud and vocal where other customers are. Make a noise and make them look bad. They'll take of you - trust me.

So, to reiterate, take it back there and demand they fix it.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Melly,

Before you take it to him though, I believe you have 30 days to take it back to the dealer and demand that they fix it.

Every state is different but I'll bet dollars to whatever the saying is that they have an obligation to fix it at no cost to you for 30 days.

Don't let them **** you around. If they say they are replacing parts, demand to see the replaced parts. I've seen it over and over - if you're a woman or a guy not familiar with cars or, more importantly, don't seem auto-savvy, they'll rip you off.

Go in there strong and assertive. If they mess you around, be loud and vocal where other customers are. Make a noise and make them look bad. They'll take of you - trust me.

They would only have to fix it within 30 days if there was a 30 day warranty in place I believe.

As far as I know, many used cars are sold by dealers with no warranty - as is.

However... dealers don't usually like to get a bad reputation. If you just buy a car, and something really goes wrong immediately, I would go back to the dealer and have a fit and they might do something.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:27 pm
Resident Sillycow

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Melly,

Originally Posted by Tracym
They would only have to fix it within 30 days if there was a 30 day warranty in place I believe.

As far as I know, many used cars are sold by dealers with no warranty - as is.

However... dealers don't usually like to get a bad reputation. If you just buy a car, and something really goes wrong immediately, I would go back to the dealer and have a fit and they might do something.
Yes the car was sold with no warranty - so they dont have to look at it. hubby spent 3 days phoning them over and over - kept getting told someone would call back, they never did - he kept on at them - they said to bring it in and they would "look at it" - not fix it.....we just dont want to go back to them - I dont trust them. Am happy with this VW place, hubby is off there in a min so hopefully I will know today what is wrong and how much its gonna cost!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the car was sold with no warranty - so they dont have to look at it. hubby spent 3 days phoning them over and over - kept getting told someone would call back, they never did - he kept on at them - they said to bring it in and they would "look at it" - not fix it.....we just dont want to go back to them - I dont trust them. Am happy with this VW place, hubby is off there in a min so hopefully I will know today what is wrong and how much its gonna cost!!!!
what a bloody bummer!!!! hope it gets onto the road soon. thieving liccle buggers the car place is...

live and learn. keep us posted!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Am happy with this VW place, hubby is off there in a min so hopefully I will know today what is wrong and how much its gonna cost!!!!

prior to dealing melly it's always a good idea to check out any business with the Better Business Bureau. you can also file a complaint with them about any company regardless if they are listed with BBB >

http://welcome.bbb.org/
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
prior to dealing melly it's always a good idea to check out any business with the Better Business Bureau. you can also file a complaint with them about any company regardless if they are listed with BBB >

http://welcome.bbb.org/
She doesn't really have a basis for a complaint at this point though, I don' t think.

A used car can have flaws, they aren't required to sell a perfect car.
And they offered to look at it, and she decided not to bring it in.

Of course, I am so sorry this happened, and I hope the car is fixed soon for not too much $$$
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tracym
She doesn't really have a basis for a complaint at this point though, I don' t think.
for future reference tracy. i haven't a clue about the negotiations for this car.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:02 pm
Peace onion

You guys give up too easily. I'd cause such a scene at their place they'd be paying me to go away.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TruBrit
for future reference tracy. i haven't a clue about the negotiations for this car.
Well true, neither do I.

But I am basing my opinion the what she said - she stated the car was purchased without a warranty, and that they offered to look at it and she declined.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.