Wikiposts

So I phones the FBI

Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:07 am
Just Joined

HondPopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile So I phones the FBI

Hi all,
I have my AOS interview in Orlando at the end of November, and i've been reading through the threads on this forum to try to get some info on the chances of USCIS stamping my passport with a temp GC stamp whilst they make the real one.
The reason I am so keen to have this stamp is because I do not have an EAD.
From what I can tell if your background check is not back from the FBI USCIS are not keen on stamping the passport. So I phones the FBI and was told on 6-27-06 they were asked for the check to be proformed which they processed and sent back to USCIS the same day.
So any input advise or pointers would be greatly appreiciated.
Thanks. Popper.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So I phones the FBI

Originally Posted by HondPopper
Hi all,
I have my AOS interview in Orlando at the end of November, and i've been reading through the threads on this forum to try to get some info on the chances of USCIS stamping my passport with a temp GC stamp whilst they make the real one.
From what I can tell if your background check is not back from the FBI USCIS are not keen on stamping the passport. So I phones the FBI and was told on 6-27-06 they were asked for the check to be proformed which they processed and sent back to USCIS the same day.
Thanks. Popper.
That's good, but the bottom line is, you won't know until your interview whether USCIS has received the info from FBI and updated your file with the information. And, from what I understand, it's not only FBI...there are other agencies involved in the background checks. So you really won't know whether you are approved for AOS until you actually attend the interview. Even with what you know now, it could go either way.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's good, but the bottom line is, you won't know until your interview whether USCIS has received the info from FBI and updated your file with the information. And, from what I understand, it's not only FBI...there are other agencies involved in the background checks. So you really won't know whether you are approved for AOS until you actually attend the interview. Even with what you know now, it could go either way.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hey Rene, Thanks for the quick reply and input.
I really have got to the end of my tether with it all, 4 years struggle all uphill.
Popper.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to add that it's not the background checks that take so long....it's the time it takes USCIS to get the info from them and update your file.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:20 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
The real stamp? The one in your passport is the real stamp. The green card (it is not temporary) noting your conditional status if you are approved takes from one week to one month to be received.

From what I can tell if your background check is not back from the FBI USCIS are not keen on stamping the passport.
Keen? No the USCIS is not keen on giving the an invalid stamp in anyone's passport. The only way to have USCIS stamp your passport with an I-551 is if you have been approved and all background checks are completed and negative.

As for your issue with not having an EAD, why didn't you apply for one?

So I phones the FBI and was told on 6-27-06 they were asked for the check to be proformed which they processed and sent back to USCIS the same day.
Thanks. Popper.
I don't mean to be rude but your grammar is making me clench my teeth. So I phones??? You used that twice so I gather you think it is the correct useage. It isn't. So you phoned the FBI and was told that your fingerprinting had been processed and return. That means nothing. There is more than just an FBI report required. You also need clearance from the CIA, the IBIS and others before your security check is complete.

Sorry no pointers from this quarter as there is nothing you can do other than to complete and EAD and either mail it off prior to your interview or on the same day if you are not approved.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
The real stamp? The one in your passport is the real stamp. The green card (it is not temporary) noting your conditional status if you are approved takes from one week to one month to be received.

Keen? No the USCIS is not keen on giving the an invalid stamp in anyone's passport. The only way to have USCIS stamp your passport with an I-551 is if you have been approved and all background checks are completed and negative.

I don't mean to be rude but your grammar is making me clench my teeth. So I phones??? You used that twice so I gather you think it is the correct useage. It isn't. So you phoned the FBI and was told that your fingerprinting had been processed and return. That means nothing. There is more than just an FBI report required. You also need clearance from the CIA, the IBIS and others before your security check is complete.

Sorry no pointers from this quarter as there is nothing you can do other than to complete and EAD and either mail it off prior to your interview or on the same day if you are not approved.
Hi Rete, thanks for your input.
As for the EAD, USCIS asked me for further evidence and said I would have to wait 90 days before an interim EAD could be applied for.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:46 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: So I phones the FBI

What the heck is IBIS? never heard of those. is it a new agency?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
What the heck is IBIS? never heard of those. is it a new agency?
IBIS = Interagency Border Inspection System

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:52 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: So I phones the FBI

Originally Posted by Noorah101
IBIS = Interagency Border Inspection System

Rene
Oh!! OK thanks Rene.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the office stamp anyway, some so, some do not.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:12 am
Kat

I personally had my interview 24wks ago....May 3rd and I am STILL
waiting on my name check to come back. I am just sitting an waiting
for everything to come back clean. It is frustrating but I know
eventually it will come back. Fingerprints results are usually
returned within 24-48hrs...its the rest of the info that takes a while.
Good luck
Noorah101 wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have my AOS interview in Orlando at the end of November, and i've
    > > been reading through the threads on this forum to try to get some info
    > > on the chances of USCIS stamping my passport with a temp GC stamp
    > > whilst they make the real one.
    > > The reason I am so keen to have this stamp is because I do not have an
    > > EAD.
    > > From what I can tell if your background check is not back from the FBI
    > > USCIS are not keen on stamping the passport. So I phones the FBI and
    > > was told on 6-27-06 they were asked for the check to be proformed
    > > which they processed and sent back to USCIS the same day.
    > > So any input advise or pointers would be greatly appreiciated.
    > > Thanks. Popper.
    > That's good, but the bottom line is, you won't know until your interview
    > whether USCIS has received the info from FBI and updated your file with
    > the information. And, from what I understand, it's not only FBI...there
    > are other agencies involved in the background checks. So you really
    > won't know whether you are approved for AOS until you actually attend
    > the interview. Even with what you know now, it could go either way.
    >
    > Best Wishes,
    > Rene
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rete, thanks for your input.
As for the EAD, USCIS asked me for further evidence and said I would have to wait 90 days before an interim EAD could be applied for.

That's true. So you did apply then but didn't follow through? Or the 90's day haven't occurred yet?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:54 am
Just Joined

That's true. So you did apply then but didn't follow through? Or the 90's day haven't occurred yet?
Still waiting for the 90 days to occur.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:41 am
Hull lass

workboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for the 90 days to occur.
Does Orlando give you an interim EAD there?
I know I had to wait for mine as Santa Ana no longer gives them out - I just got the approval email yesterday and was also informed my card had been ordered, so hopefully I'll see it in a few days.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

USEAGE???

you WAS told?

t

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.