Sister

Old Feb 1st 2018, 12:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sister

Originally Posted by KenBarber1111
Nobody seems sure. Never mind - I will get my sister to contact a US immigration attorney.
Did you read the replies? Yes we are sure.

She can sponsor your mother, and it will likely take 1-2 years.

Your sister can sponsor you - it will take at least 10 years, and most likely a lot longer.

Your mother can sponsor you - it will also take years: at least 7 if you remain unmarried, or at least 14 years if you get married, and most likely a lot longer.

Any immigration attorney will happily take your (sister's) money, and give you are optimistic picture of the likelihood of it happening. Honestly your best shot, as you are unmarried, is if your brother-in-law knows of any suitable single women that he could introduce you to.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 1st 2018 at 12:25 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure about what, time lines are speculations and we can all do that.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody seems sure. Never mind - I will get my sister to contact a US immigration attorney.
Everybody has given you their best guess. Nobody (even an immi attorney) can do otherwise, unless they have a crystal ball. There is no way of knowing exactly how long the wait will be as you can't know for sure how many people will be in the queue ahead of you, all you can do is look at the current queue timings (given to you several times by lots of people above) and estimate.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If not happy with the replies given then contact Angelo and his cousin Tony who are based in New York and for a small fee they might get you a quicker result but cant guarantee 100% it will be legit.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 1:45 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is very sure, but you haven't responded to any of the queries that would help to give further information on your specific situation. However, it has been made very clear that this is not an overnight thing -- it will take many years to complete this plan. (And the entire immigration scene may have changed in ways we can't even guess in the meantime.) Is your sister in a position to be financially responsible for sponsoring her mother? Have they both thought about obtaining health insurance for an older person? Will your mother be able to find employment in the US in order to be financially responsible for sponsoring you eventually? If not, does your sister make enough to be on the hook for two people? Will you be able to make a living in the US? Here, there are no government safety nets of the kind we are used to in the UK.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably did not get the answer wanted.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If my assumptions are correct - that your sister is already a US citizen and that your mother will sponsor her son when she is a citizen - then the years quoted for processing visas in my post are correct as per the Bulletin.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If my assumptions are correct - that your sister is already a US citizen and that your mother will sponsor her son when she is a citizen - then the years quoted for processing visas in my post are correct as per the Bulletin.
Don't forget his mother can also sponsor him as a LPR, she doesn't need to be a citizen. Although the processing time won't be hugely different either way.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You might want to take a look at the post I linked in my post #6 above - discussing the oft-overlooked matter that the time between application and processing for family-sponsored green cards is growing, and that there there are a very large number of applications that are likely to extend the delay very considerably in the coming years.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:40 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No, sponsoring a parent in most cases is much quicker (depend on the nationality of the parent), but probably less than two years.

Siblings on the other hand take a lot longer - I think currently around 14 years but that wait time is growing rapidly, and I have seen estimates that say sponsorship for a sibling filed today might take 30 years to be approved.

A parent sponsoring their adult child (21 or older) is similar to sponsoring a sibling, taking around 12 years if married (or around 7 years if not married), but the wait time is also growing rapidly and as for sponsorship of a sibling, sponsorship filed today might take 30 years to be approved.

Take a look at this post in another similar recent thread, and the posts after it in the same thread, for a discussion of why the numbers in the visa bulletin are pretty meaningless.
Comment: there is nothing wrong with pursuing multiple paths to permanent residence.

Although it is true that parent immigrating followed by petition for son will be probably be quicker, it should be noted that one should not assume that the links in the "chain" will be around in the future. So, not only should a sibling petition be filed, both parent should petition when the time comes. One cannot predict the future.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Comment: there is nothing wrong with pursuing multiple paths to permanent residence.

Although it is true that parent immigrating followed by petition for son will be probably be quicker, it should be noted that one should not assume that the links in the "chain" will be around in the future. So, not only should a sibling petition be filed, both parent should petition when the time comes. One cannot predict the future.
Indeed, one can't have too many irons in the fire!

And if I might be so bold as to clarify the above post by S Folinsky, a petition to sponsor a green card for family member dies if the sponsor dies.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 6:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Don't forget his mother can also sponsor him as a LPR, she doesn't need to be a citizen. Although the processing time won't be hugely different either way.
On ultimate processing time -- it may or may not make a difference. That said, LPR parents can petition and thereby create a "priority date." If parent naturalizes, this automatically creates the option of treating the approved visa petition of son of AmCit.

Although future amendments in the law cannot really be predicted, the current administration views people like OP to be extremely detrimental to the United States if they are permitted to immigrate -- the current shibboleth is "chain migration."
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 6:39 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Those who are eligible for online filing of N-400 are getting through the process of filing to oath ceremony in around 4 months.
Not me....I filed in April and only just had my interview and am still awaiting notice for ceremony, so total of 10 months so far.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:45 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Not me....I filed in April and only just had my interview and am still awaiting notice for ceremony, so total of 10 months so far.
Were you an online filer? Friend filed online in September and got her interview in December. She's already travelled once on her US passport. Looking at the timelines of online filers from the second half of last year that seems to be normal now.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 2:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Could you share the official website where these statistics can be found?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.