Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

shahrokh22 LEARN TO START YOUR OWN THREADS N-400 Interview, Denver Co

shahrokh22 LEARN TO START YOUR OWN THREADS N-400 Interview, Denver Co

Old Nov 25th 2006, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

shahrokh22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N-400 Interview, Denver Co

Hi Waterpony,
I have a question for you.
I am sure or I assume that when you filled out your N-400 Application form, you also submitted a bunch of documents with it.
My wife has received her Naturalization interview date and we are getting ready for it.
In the letter that we received, she was asked to bring the same set of document that she attached to her N-400 form when she applied.
The form seems to be pre-typed which means it is a letter that was made for everybody and it is not specifically prepared for her. Should she take the same set of documents with her to interview again or the documents we sent them will do the job? Did you take the same documents that you mailed them already to the interview again?

Thank You.
Originally Posted by Waterpony
Hi everybody,

My daughter had her citizenship interview today, and here is how it went:
We arrived at Denver district office around 7AM (her interview was scheduled for 7:10) the officer opened the doors at 7:05 and let in first people with appointments.
She was called in at 7:30, and was out with the "Congratulations...your application has been recommended for approval..." after less than 10 minutes. The interview was, needless to say, short, she was asked only 6 questions and since she answered them correctly there was no need to ask more (I guess the requirement is nowadays to answer 6 out of 10 correctly). She was also asked some of the questions from the N-400 application, and that was it.
Now, let me add that my daughter's application was, in my opinion, quite simple and straightforward - she applied based on 5 years being a permanent resident, was never married, has no children (she's only 21), was never punished, does not even have a traffic ticket. Her N-400, comparing to mine (married to USC) was suspiciously thin...
She will receive the letter with an oath ceremony in the mail, according to the letter given to her by the officer, the oath should be scheduled within 90 days.
Well, I just wanted to share this experience with you all. All the best to all of you still going through the immigration process...
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shahrokh22
In the letter that we received, she was asked to bring the same set of document that she attached to her N-400 form when she applied.
They want her to bring copies of everything she sent when she applied. Which part don't you understand?

Ian
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
They want her to bring copies of everything she sent when she applied. Which part don't you understand?

Ian

How to start his own thread and how to read comprehensively.

shahrokh22 --- the letter says to bring the documents. It does not say leave them at home but to bring them. Also bring any further proof i.e. missing tax returns not previously submitted and court papers showing any citations for traffic violations.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shahrokh22
Should she take the same set of documents with her to interview again....
Yes.

When you sent in the backup info with the N-400, you should have sent photocopies of everything. Then you would bring the originals to the interview. If you mistakenly sent originals with the N-400, bring photocopies to the interview. It's not as difficult as you're making it out to be, really.

Best Wishes,
Rene