SF fingerprint appointment

Old Apr 4th 2002, 12:05 am
Milan Stevanovi

Default SF fingerprint appointment

Got my fingerprint appointment letter today. It's for April 13th, in San Francisco.
The interesting thing is that I moved two months ago and have sent them three change
of address notifications since. (I gave them one in person when I went to pickup my
AP ). Here's what happened: (these guys are really unbelievable) They updated the
street and number, however mistakingly put blvd instead of ave (my old street was a
blvd), and they put my old zip code ( Luckily, the city is the same). So they managed
to make a hybryd from my old and new addresses. I'll have to rely on the intelligence
and the deductive skills of the post office again, when the INS sends me my interview
appointment letter.

What do you think, should I send them the fourth change of address letter, together
with the copy of this fingerprint appointment, and urge them to fix it finally?

By the way, for people who are waiting, it's a marriage based AOS, filed in
July 2001.

Milena

Old Apr 4th 2002, 12:05 am
Moretakitty

Default Re: SF fingerprint appointment

I would, better safe the sorry

"Milan Stevanovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Got my fingerprint appointment letter today. It's for April 13th, in San Francisco.
    > The interesting thing is that I moved two months ago and have sent them three
    > change of address notifications since. (I gave them one in person
when
    > I went to pickup my AP ). Here's what happened: (these guys are really
    > unbelievable) They updated the street and number, however mistakingly put
    > blvd instead
of
    > ave (my old street was a blvd), and they put my old zip code ( Luckily,
the
    > city is the same). So they managed to make a hybryd from my old and new addresses.
    > I'll have to rely on the intelligence and the deductive skills
of
    > the post office again, when the INS sends me my interview appointment letter.
    >
    > What do you think, should I send them the fourth change of address letter, together
    > with the copy of this fingerprint appointment, and urge them to
fix
    > it finally?
    >
    > By the way, for people who are waiting, it's a marriage based AOS, filed
in
    > July 2001.
    >
    > Milena

Old Apr 4th 2002, 3:05 am
Cheryl

I'm no expert but I'd make sure they have it right...too much is riding on this stuff
to have it screwed up. Just my opinion Good luck! Cheryl

"Milan Stevanovic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Got my fingerprint appointment letter today. It's for April 13th, in San Francisco.
    > change of address notifications since. (I gave them one in person
when
    > I went to pickup my AP ). Here's what happened: (these guys are really
    > unbelievable) They updated the street and number, however mistakingly put
    > blvd instead
of
    > ave (my old street was a blvd), and they put my old zip code ( Luckily,
the
    > city is the same). So they managed to make a hybryd from my old and new addresses.
    > I'll have to rely on the intelligence and the deductive skills
of
    > the post office again, when the INS sends me my interview appointment letter.
    >
    > What do you think, should I send them the fourth change of address letter, together
    > with the copy of this fingerprint appointment, and urge them to
fix
    > it finally?
    >
    > By the way, for people who are waiting, it's a marriage based AOS, filed
in
    > July 2001.
    >
    > Milena

Old Apr 4th 2002, 8:05 am
Im

Another suggestion ... why don't you have the mistakes fixed when you go for your
fingerprint appointment? I made the experience that this works best in person. I did
talk to an information officer in my local office and she changed it directly on the
computer when we filed AOS in August 2000. Hope this helps, Isa

Milan Stevanovic wrote:

> change of address notifications since. (I gave them one in person when I went to
    > pickup my AP ). Here's what happened: (these guys are really unbelievable) They
    > updated the street and number, however mistakingly put blvd instead of ave (my old
    > street was a blvd), and they put my old zip code ( Luckily, the city is the same).
    > So they managed to make a hybryd from my old and new addresses. I'll have to rely
    > on the intelligence and the deductive skills of the post office again, when the INS
    > sends me my interview appointment letter.
    >
    > with the copy of this fingerprint appointment, and urge them to fix it finally?
    >
    > By the way, for people who are waiting, it's a marriage based AOS, filed in
    > July 2001.
    >
    > Milena
    >

Old Apr 4th 2002, 12:05 pm
Andy Platt

"IM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Another suggestion ... why don't you have the mistakes fixed when you go for your
    > fingerprint appointment? I made the experience that this works best in person. I
    > did talk to an information officer in my local office and she changed it directly
    > on the computer when we filed AOS in August 2000.

That may not work. With many fingerprinting appointments they are in the ASCs and not
the local INS offices.

I went into Arlington INS after I got my fingerprint notice which they had nearly
sent to my old address (I say nearly because they had used the old address but
written an incorrect apartment number on it). Miraculously it got to me. Anyway, I
had them correct my address in their computer because they had ignored my change of
address letter - didn't make a spot of difference: I never got the first AOS
interview letter they sent because they had not used the address in the computer!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.