Seperation what to do

Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Anjeje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seperation what to do

My husband and I have recently seperated and I have no idea what to do as far as my AOS goes. I am working at the moment and supporting myself without any help from him or the US government. What are my options as my EAD is due soon and I dnt want them to deport me due to us seperating.

Scared and Alone.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seperation what to do

Originally posted by Anjeje
My husband and I have recently seperated and I have no idea what to do as far as my AOS goes. I am working at the moment and supporting myself without any help from him or the US government. What are my options as my EAD is due soon and I dnt want them to deport me due to us seperating.

Scared and Alone.
Unfortunately, if your marriage is not intact at the time you file for adjustment of status (i.e. you are married, living together in good faith, and both spouses attend the interview), you are not going to be able to get the green card through the marriage. You are going to have to explore other options - perhaps a student visa or ??????.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Anjeje,

What is the state of you AOS? Have you applied? Waiting for the interview? Approved?

Regards, JEff

Scared and Alone.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Anjeje,

What is the state of you AOS? Have you applied? Waiting for the interview? Approved?

Regards, JEff

I am in Texas Jeff and I find it sad that I have to suffer this as well as everything else I have had to go through.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Anjeje,

Regards, JEff

Sorry I have applied and am waiting!!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Scared and Alone.
Hi:

Consult with an attorney experienced in all aspects of family immigration. This situation is quite fact specific -- you may be just fine. You don't give enough details to even begin to formulate and answer. And in these cases, an NG is not the place to figure out these issues.

Repeat -- you may just be fine. But you need to know your opportunities.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Consult with an attorney experienced in all aspects of family immigration. This situation is quite fact specific -- you may be just fine. You don't give enough details to even begin to formulate and answer. And in these cases, an NG is not the place to figure out these issues.

Repeat -- you may just be fine. But you need to know your opportunities.

What if I was to just take my chances and be honest with the USCIS I have done nothing wrong here!! But thank you Folinskyinla for your advice.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:07 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Anjeje,

If you have not yet had your interview then I believe that your chances of being approved are low. You should definitely follow the advice of Folinskyinla - see an immigration attorney experience with marriage-based AOS - to get an informed opinion and to make the best use of the circumstances that you have to work with.

Regards, JEff

Sorry I have applied and am waiting!!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Anjeje,

If you have not yet had your interview then I believe that your chances of being approved are low. You should definitely follow the advice of Folinskyinla - see an immigration attorney experience with marriage-based AOS - to get an informed opinion and to make the best use of the circumstances that you have to work with.

Regards, JEff

So because of his crap I am the one to suffer when I gave up everything to be with him and start a life here with him. I am doing this on my own without anyones help and still I am going to be the one to suffer for this. Sorry for this comment but

This blows!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

So gather the facts and make an informed decision.

I assume you wish to stay here.

Also assume that reconciliation is not possible.

Failed relationships can make you bitter, try not to fall into that trap. Construct a path forward and move on.

good luck

So because of his crap I am the one to suffer when I gave up everything to be with him and start a life here with him. I am doing this on my own without anyones help and still I am going to be the one to suffer for this. Sorry for this comment but

This blows!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by lpdiver
So gather the facts and make an informed decision.

I assume you wish to stay here.

Also assume that reconciliation is not possible.

Failed relationships can make you bitter, try not to fall into that trap. Construct a path forward and move on.

good luck

Yes I do wish to stay here and love my husband very dearly but do not agree with verbal abuse of any kind. Thank you for your help but I dnt have the cash to go out and consult an attorney so I will be honest and talk to USCIS and see what happens.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do wish to stay here and love my husband very dearly but do not agree with verbal abuse of any kind. Thank you for your help but I dnt have the cash to go out and consult an attorney so I will be honest and talk to USCIS and see what happens.

But you do live in Texas. And Texas is one of the states where Catholic Charities operates a low cost immigration service. There is one in Dallas and quite possibiliy in other major cities in your State. I urge you to seek them out.

Your situation apparently does not have to end in deportment from what the esteemed Folinsky, Esq. has said. Only to do it yourself is tantamount to having the proverbial fool for an attorney. If there is no Catholic Charities available, and you don't have to be Catholic to use them btw, call any of the women's organizations or the city's main office number and see if there is an immigration office available. Also check the colleges. CUNY here in NYC is currently hosting a week long phone in for naturalization and immigration issues. Their phone operators are not all attorneys or paralegals but counselors who work for various city and university immigration departments.

Good luck

Rete
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:49 pm
Banned

Katie is an unknown quantity at this point

Anjeje,

You might be able to obtain legal advice/assistance from a charitable organization if you do not have the money to consult with an attorney in private practice. For example, Catholic Community Services provides immigration services. There are probably other organizations in your state that provide free or reduced-rate legal services.

Katie
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete
But you do live in Texas. And Texas is one of the states where Catholic Charities operates a low cost immigration service. There is one in Dallas and quite possibiliy in other major cities in your State. I urge you to seek them out.

Your situation apparently does not have to end in deportment from what the esteemed Folinsky, Esq. has said. Only to do it yourself is tantamount to having the proverbial fool for an attorney. If there is no Catholic Charities available, and you don't have to be Catholic to use them btw, call any of the women's organizations or the city's main office number and see if there is an immigration office available. Also check the colleges. CUNY here in NYC is currently hosting a week long phone in for naturalization and immigration issues. Their phone operators are not all attorneys or paralegals but counselors who work for various city and university immigration departments.

Good luck

Rete

Rete thank you so much for your advice you are truly an asset to this forum. God Bless
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Katie
Anjeje,

You might be able to obtain legal advice/assistance from a charitable organization if you do not have the money to consult with an attorney in private practice. For example, Catholic Community Services provides immigration services. There are probably other organizations in your state that provide free or reduced-rate legal services.

Katie

Katie thank you also for your advice I am sure there is somewhere in Houston that can help me. God bless you to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.