Sent Packet 3 minus photos....

Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:43 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Sent Packet 3 minus photos....

Hi everyone,

I just sent out my packet 3, what a relief. But i'm worried about is that I couldn't include the photo's. No business in my little town does U.S. style passport photos.

Do you think this will be a problem, I thought it would be cool if I sent them seperately when i get them organised, or brought them to the interview?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

James
Old Apr 30th 2004, 2:14 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sent Packet 3 minus photos....

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi everyone,

I just sent out my packet 3, what a relief. But i'm worried about is that I couldn't include the photo's. No business in my little town does U.S. style passport photos.

Do you think this will be a problem, I thought it would be cool if I sent them seperately when i get them organised, or brought them to the interview?

James
Hi James,
Not to worry. The photos go with you to the interview. In fact, when you get your checklist and information from the Consulate regarding the medical, etc. there will be some information regarding places near the embassy to get photos taken.

~SecretGarden

and make sure you smile pretty because one of those pictures will be on the shiny new visa in your passport!

Last edited by SecretGarden; Apr 30th 2004 at 2:17 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 2:26 pm
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi everyone,

Not sure but probably will ... You can do the photos yourself and crop them to the specifications on the sheet... Make take a few times to get it right...if you can borrow or if you have access to a digital camera and printer that would be great. Just use the photo type paper.

Send them in an envelope with your Case number at the bottom and put "Additional Information Included". They will probably RFE you when they get to your file so you can get started and wait or send them in and keep a copy so if they do RFE you because it didn't get included with the additional packet.

Just a thought...If I remember right it says Passport style photo. Not an actual Passport photo. To ramble on somemore.. Use the heaviest paper you can find or something heavier than usual photo paper. I think its used more for Identification reasons than to be put on a "card". But to be better safe than sorry... When you go to your interview....stop by and get a professional passport photos done and take it to the interview.

Good luck!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 2:26 pm

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi James,
Not to worry. The photos go with you to the interview. In fact, when you get your checklist and information from the Consulate regarding the medical, etc. there will be some information regarding places near the embassy to get photos taken.

~SecretGarden

and make sure you smile pretty because one of those pictures will be on the shiny new visa in your passport!
Thanks SG

I got this back from London, then after seeing your post im much relieved

We do not need this in advance. You can have them done on the day of the interview.

Thank you for your email correspondence.

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Embassy London
CONS/CIU/GMS
Old Apr 30th 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

Thanks SG

I got this back from London, then after seeing your post im much relieved

We do not need this in advance. You can have them done on the day of the interview.

Thank you for your email correspondence.

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Embassy London
CONS/CIU/GMS

Phew! Congrats on being so close to going home!!! Best of luck with the interview
Just out of curiosity, did you have to send pics at any other time during the process??
Congratulations again! Its great to see happy endings when you are just starting the process!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 2:56 pm
Capt. Tuttle

SecretGarden wrote:

> Originally posted by mcjimbo
    >
    >>Hi everyone,
    >>I just
    >
    > sent out my packet 3, what a relief. But i'm worried about is that I
    > couldn't include the photo's. No business in my little town does U.S.
    > style passport photos.
    >
    >>Do you think this will be a problem, I
    >
    > thought it would be cool if I sent them seperately when i get them
    > organised, or brought them to the interview?
    >
    >>Can anyone shed any
    >
    > light on this?
    >
    >>James
    >
    >
    > Hi James,
    > Not to worry. The
    > photos go with you to the interview. In fact, when you get your
    > checklist and information from the Consulate regarding the medical, etc.
    > there will be some information regarding places near the embassy to get
    > photos taken.
    >
    >
    >
    > ~SecretGarden
    >
    > and make sure you smile pretty because
    > one of those pictures will be on the shiny new visa in your passport!
    >
    >
In Paris (and others) there are photo booths in the room next to the
interview room. There was even a change machine in case you don't have
correct change. I wouldn't wear white. The background is white and the
guy in front of me, wearing a white sweater, looked sort of pale.

Old May 1st 2004, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

James

Hi James,
I think taking the photo's with you on the day is OK. I thought I would give you some London feedback. I sent packet 3 back to London last week and they received it on Thursday. They sent out packet 4 on Monday with my interview date for 27th May. YIPPEE. It's been a long haul since we first applied in early December. Hopefully by the time you read this e-mail you'll have your interview date. I think your July wedding will be safe. We are hopefully getting married at the end of June.... All being well.

Best Wishes to you and your fiancee and good luck with the interview.

Sue
Old May 1st 2004, 5:40 pm

Suess,

Thanks for the feedback, I wrote a letter asking them to expedite my interview so we'll see. But its good to hear they are prompt. Maybe we'll have our interview on the same date.... fingers crossed that would be ideal for me with my timing.

gemmacat we sent in photo's with our I-129f package as "Evidence of Relationship" but so far thats it. I plan to take a photo album to the interview.

James
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:24 pm
Exile

"SecretGarden" wrote:
    >The
    > photos taken.

Do I read into that then that I should expect another checklist and medical
information after submitting the forms and checklist contained in packet 3?

I was a little concerned when my packet 3 turned up the other day and didn't
contain any information in it about the medical and/or what was required
from me in that respect.

Andy

Old May 3rd 2004, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Exile
"SecretGarden" wrote:
    >The
    > photos taken.

Do I read into that then that I should expect another checklist and medical
information after submitting the forms and checklist contained in packet 3?

I was a little concerned when my packet 3 turned up the other day and didn't
contain any information in it about the medical and/or what was required
from me in that respect.

Andy
Yep. After returning the Packet 3 forms, you will then receive 'Packet 4.' This contains your interview date, your pay-slip (for paying the visa fee), map, and where to go for the medical.

Original posted by GinNot sure but probably will ...
Send them in an envelope with your Case number at the bottom and put "Additional Information Included". They will probably RFE you when they get to your file so you can get started and wait or send them in and keep a copy so if they do RFE you because it didn't get included with the additional packet.
This is incorrect Gin. No photos are necessary for London. He will receive no RFE for this. All photos are required on the day of the interview.

Congrats James! You are well on your way! You'll be here and waiting at the end of the aisle before ya know it! For us, the time has absolutely flown by, and I can't believe we're getting hitched on Saturday!!