Sent off for Interview. How Long?

Old Aug 5th 2004, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Mark L is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sent off for Interview. How Long?

Hello all. Can't believe I've never thought to look for a site like this before. What a help. When I get all my time line and Form number details I'll add them to a signature, like others have. But for now...

I'm the Brit needing the Visa, my wife is the American, who left for the States earlier this week to start her college course. We initially applied for the I-130 several months ago.

Just over a week ago we posted the form that confirms we have all the documentation needed for the Visa Interview. How long do people think we're going to have to wait before the interview?

Also, I read on another thread that people have emailed the embassy and asked for a sooner date. Can anyone do this? Does anybody know which address to write too?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark L
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:10 pm
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sent off for Interview. How Long?

Originally posted by Mark L
Hello all. Can't believe I've never thought to look for a site like this before. What a help. When I get all my time line and Form number details I'll add them to a signature, like others have. But for now...

I'm the Brit needing the Visa, my wife is the American, who left for the States earlier this week to start her college course. We initially applied for the I-130 several months ago.

Just over a week ago we posted the form that confirms we have all the documentation needed for the Visa Interview. How long do people think we're going to have to wait before the interview?

Also, I read on another thread that people have emailed the embassy and asked for a sooner date. Can anyone do this? Does anybody know which address to write too?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark L
Welcome to the club. From recent experience, the time between sending the "ready for interview" notice to receiving the interview itself could be anywhere in the region of 40 - 60 days but in one case, I'm sure due to filling a cancellation it was as low as 17 days. It is certainly worth emailing the embassy to enqiure after about 2 weeks just in case they have a cancellation to slot you in.
The email address is :- [email protected]

Good luck

Mark S
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:24 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mstracy
Welcome to the club. From recent experience, the time between sending the "ready for interview" notice to receiving the interview itself could be anywhere in the region of 40 - 60 days but in one case, I'm sure due to filling a cancellation it was as low as 17 days. It is certainly worth emailing the embassy to enqiure after about 2 weeks just in case they have a cancellation to slot you in.
The email address is :- [email protected]

Good luck

Mark S

i would reccomend emailing the embassy like mark suggested, but only if you are absolutley ready for your interview - i emailed the embassy and was presented with a date 2 days later (must have been a cancelation?)

Ant
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Mark L is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much Guys. I will email them...i want to get this ASAP!

Maybe you can advise me on something else. As at this point I'm a little confused as to what exactly my wife sent to the Embassy (she was the one handling everything...and yes I should have been paying MUCH more attn). Do I HAVE to send my Affidavit of support away with the DS-230/OF-169? Or can it just be presented at the interview?
Old Aug 6th 2004, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Originally posted by Mark L
Thanks very much Guys. I will email them...i want to get this ASAP!

Maybe you can advise me on something else. As at this point I'm a little confused as to what exactly my wife sent to the Embassy (she was the one handling everything...and yes I should have been paying MUCH more attn). Do I HAVE to send my Affidavit of support away with the DS-230/OF-169? Or can it just be presented at the interview?
You take the I-864 along to the interview with you, along with all your other documentation supporting your application.