senior caregiver jobs

Old Apr 13th 2016, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

strength is on a distinguished road
Default senior caregiver jobs

any one got through with a work visa whilst caring for the elderly in new york in particular. i have had several years experience, in the uk i notice that you need to get sponsored. i am too late for the green card lottery for 2016 i would be apply through parents not born in the uk.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 10:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: senior caregiver jobs

Originally Posted by strength
any one got through with a work visa whilst caring for the elderly in new york in particular.
Why would a company spend $5,000-$10,000 for a visa for you when they can hire someone who is already in the US, who can start work tomorrow if asked, who likely has superior skills to you, and who isn't going to cost them a lot of money?

Quite simply, it is not going to happen.

i am too late for the green card lottery for 2016 i would be apply through parents not born in the uk.
There is less than a 2% chance of getting a green card in the lottery.

Why are you so desperate to get to the US?

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2016, 10:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strength
any one got through with a work visa whilst caring for the elderly in new york in particular. i have had several years experience, in the uk i notice that you need to get sponsored. i am too late for the green card lottery for 2016 i would be apply through parents not born in the uk.
Other than the diversity lottery, these are the ways to get to the USA and work.

Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA : British Expat Wiki

You are fortunate, most people in the UK do not have access to the green card lottery, even though your chances are extremely slim.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you want to work in New York in a job that will likely only pay you minimum wage? You will probably have to work 60+ hours a week to pay rent and bills and will get minimal, if any, holiday time. Sounds like my idea of hell.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 2:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NatashaB
Why do you want to work in New York in a job that will likely only pay you minimum wage? You will probably have to work 60+ hours a week to pay rent and bills and will get minimal, if any, holiday time. Sounds like my idea of hell.
The aid down the hall caring for an elderly woman works for an agency. She works 72 hours straight per week and only gets paid for 8 hours per day. Yes, this is correct and allowed by the department of labor and Medicaid which pays the bill of the agency.

Don't think this is work that is looking for sponsor someone for a visa.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

My understanding is that most who do this job do not have a visa, or status or much in the way of english language skills.

DV would be the way to go.