Sending Everything Advice Please

Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Johnny5isAlive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending Everything Advice Please

I am sending the whole package, the 1-485 I-130,I-131, I-765 and accompanied documents all together.

My question is do I need to send MULTIPLE copies of birth certificates, pssport copies, i-94 etc etc etc or because it is all going to be filed at the same time just send one of each?

Plus we got advice saying I need 8 passport photos and she needs 2

I have gone through the instructions a millions times and i can count 7 for me and 1 for her..

thankyou in advance

J5
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SENDING EVERYTHING ADVICE PLEASE

Originally Posted by Johnny5isAlive
I am sending the whole package, the 1-485 I-130,I-131, I-765 and accompanied documents all together.

My question is do I need to send MULTIPLE copies of birth certificates, pssport copies, i-94 etc etc etc or because it is all going to be filed at the same time just send one of each?

Plus we got advice saying I need 8 passport photos and she needs 2

I have gone through the instructions a millions times and i can count 7 for me and 1 for her..

thankyou in advance

J5
Treat each application as a stand-alone application when it comes to providing backup. Yes, some of the backup docs will be duplicated.

Count the number of photos not as a total, but per application. That way, you'll come up with the right number.

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Treat each application as a stand-alone application when it comes to providing backup. Yes, some of the backup docs will be duplicated.

Count the number of photos not as a total, but per application. That way, you'll come up with the right number.

Rene
see this is were i am getting confused, i called the uscis and they told me that was ok.. but its playing on my mind something terrible!!!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

see this is were i am getting confused, i called the uscis and they told me that was ok.. but its playing on my mind something terrible!!!
Don't rely on the USCIS 800 number to give you correct information.

The best thing to do is to read one application's instructions and include whatever backup and photos it requires, then put it aside and do the same for each remaining form. That way, each application will have its own correct backup and photos along with it.

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Don't rely on the USCIS 800 number to give you correct information.

The best thing to do is to read one application's instructions and include whatever backup and photos it requires, then put it aside and do the same for each remaining form. That way, each application will have its own correct backup and photos along with it.

Rene
Thanks, better safe than sorry thats what I was just thinking
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

see this is were i am getting confused, i called the uscis and they told me that was ok..
Just follow the instructions on the forms and you'll be fine. Indeed, a moment ago you wrote: "Follow the intructions and all will be well." So, time to follow your own advice.

Ian
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Take Noorah101's, advice. Remember, whats in your our head, is almost never in government officials heads. They, can't see what we were/are thinking.
I would make each, set complete, separate by colored paper or tabs & then put in one package.

Always try to make these things idiot proof, not that I am saying they are idiots

Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Just follow the instructions on the forms and you'll be fine. Indeed, a moment ago you wrote: "Follow the intructions and all will be well." So, time to follow your own advice.

Ian
On the money.

Reg. Frank R.