Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Security clearance - visiting local FBI office?

Security clearance - visiting local FBI office?

Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:39 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Question Security clearance - visiting local FBI office?

It has been over a year since my son had his fingerprints done, and his AOS is 'approved' bar the security clearance. We have already tried our Congressman ("still pending"), and have faxed and e-mailed the FBI (no response).

Has anyone ever visited their local FBI office totry and find out what has happened to their security clearance? If so, what was the outcome? Is this something worth doing?

TIA!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security clearance - visiting local FBI office?

Originally Posted by Elvira

Has anyone ever visited their local FBI office totry and find out what has happened to their security clearance? If so, what was the outcome? Is this something worth doing?
don't think it's worth doing, but there is a number that you can ring, might find it here somewhere...

but if it's been more than a year, he'll need to get new fingerprints, so make an info pass for it...
Old Jun 21st 2006, 5:01 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
don't think it's worth doing, but there is a number that you can ring, might find it here somewhere...

but if it's been more than a year, he'll need to get new fingerprints, so make an info pass for it...

Can we do this? We were told we had to wait for them to send an appointment. But I am worried because he wants to go to England, and they may not send him an appointment before. Did you just ring the 1-800-number to schedule your repeat fingerprints?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Can we do this? We were told we had to wait for them to send an appointment. But I am worried because he wants to go to England, and they may not send him an appointment before. Did you just ring the 1-800-number to schedule your repeat fingerprints?
I made my appointment for an info pass online to see what was up with my case, and they said they would do the prints again there and then, and about a week later, I received the letter asking me to arrange new prints *lol*
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Security clearance - visiting local FBI office?

It has been over a year since my son had his fingerprints done, and his AOS is 'approved' bar the security clearance. We have already tried our Congressman ("still pending"), and have faxed and e-mailed the FBI (no response).

TIA!
Would the local FBI Office allow you to visit without an appointment? I would have thought that the local FBI Office would be a secure environment.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Would the local FBI Office allow you to visit without an appointment? I would have thought that the local FBI Office would be a secure environment.
They are not FBI offices..they are Uscis Application Support Center
You local one is just a shop front.. just off the SR60
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:31 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray
They are not FBI offices..they are Uscis Application Support Center
You local one is just a shop front.. just off the SR60
Do you mean this place?

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
Sacramento Field Office

SACRAMENTO HEADQUARTERS

4500 Orange Grove
Sacramento, CA 95841

Phone: (916) 481-9110
Fax: (916) 977-2300

Special Agent in Charge Drew S. Parenti
Assistant Special Agent in Charge Nancy Nelson
Assistant Special Agent in Charge David A. Picard

Office Hours: Although the FBI operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our normal "walk-in" business hours are from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean this place?
Fingerrprints are done by one of these places
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldo...htm#california

They are then sent to their main fingerprint office ..whever that is ..
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:40 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray
Fingerrprints are done by one of these places
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldo...htm#california

Yes I know Ray - been there done that and all...

I am trying - desperately!!! - to find a place where I can find out what the heck is going on re. my son's security clearance!

I thought the FBI might be the place, but I would not be surprised if I am mistaken since nothing in the f**king AOS process makes any sense...
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:48 pm
Ray

I am trying - desperately!!! - to find a place where I can find out what the heck is going on re. my son's security clearance!

I thought the FBI might be the place, but I would not be surprised if I am mistaken since nothing in the f**king AOS process makes any sense...
Your exactly right ... Its a waste of time trying to find out anything ..all they will ever well is ..its being processed ... there is just no way around it ..
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Ellie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud ofEllie203 has much to be proud of

No advice about visiting a local FBI office, I'm afraid. Just wanted to say I sympathize with your situation. My son is in exactly the same position. 15 months since he had his interview and we're still waiting for his name-check clearance. I'm very aware it could be a lot longer too, so we've just had to resign ourselves to sit and wait it out. My son received an appointment letter for his second set of fingerprints, which he had done today at our local USCIS Support Center. At least we know his paperwork is not 'lost' in the system - at least, not so far!
Sincerely hope you hear something soon.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:52 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray
Your exactly right ... Its a waste of time trying to find out anything ..all they will ever well is ..its being processed ... there is just no way around it ..

But what on earth could be holding up the security clearance of a British kid?

The rest of us (4) got our GCs over 6 months ago...

This is just so hopeless as he is now completely fed up and just wants to leave. Being a young hothead he just can't see the likely long-term consequences.

I am tearing my hear out here. Is there nothing else we can do?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:53 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ellie203
No advice about visiting a local FBI office, I'm afraid. Just wanted to say I sympathize with your situation. My son is in exactly the same position. 15 months since he had his interview and we're still waiting for his name-check clearance. I'm very aware it could be a lot longer too, so we've just had to resign ourselves to sit and wait it out. My son received an appointment letter for his second set of fingerprints, which he had done today at our local USCIS Support Center. At least we know his paperwork is not 'lost' in the system - at least, not so far!
Sincerely hope you hear something soon.

15 months???!!!

Oh F**k... - this is just too depressing...
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think you will find out anything at the FBI office other than the prints were cleared 10 months ago and sent back to the USCIS.

My instincts based on the accounts of many others before you is that USCIS is so far behind that they don't have the time, let alone the initiative, to review pending files and continue to plod along with each new case.

My suggestion would be to make an Infopass appointment and visit in person and see what can be done to jar their memories. Write a letter to the head of the California office you are dealing with. File a complaint with the Internal Unit in DC.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:19 pm
Ray

But what on earth could be holding up the security clearance of a British kid?The rest of us (4) got our GCs over 6 months ago...
It could be something as simple as his name is similar too somebody else ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.